GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

!!Offical Spyder Auto Golf/GTI MK6 New Euro Style LED Tail Lights!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanman87

Ready to race!
dude ur sig says R Tails Smoked...wtf?

yea i did get R tails
but wanted to get something for my GF's GTI.....and not as pricey cause the R's cost me 750 after Canadian customs taxed the shiet out of me....

Aridi03

Ready to race!
i think 4 units sucked... and thats the only 4 that complained.
I think others didn't want to brag about losing 230$

Bender1

Banned
Mine have been flawless since day one.

Remember, you will always hear about the ones that fail and never about the ones that don't. I could make a guess at a failure rate but it would just be a guess. I have a feeling its lower than you expect (though still way too high to be acceptable).

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
I've found these off a website that said they have them and they are 265 free shipping so I think im gonna he them anjust see what happens

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JhnR

Banned
idk maybe those are better, and they actually have a real vendor who sells them.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
Mine have been flawless since day one.

Remember, you will always hear about the ones that fail and never about the ones that don't. I could make a guess at a failure rate but it would just be a guess. I have a feeling its lower than you expect (though still way too high to be acceptable).

mine were fine too, however i sold them a couple months ago to another forum member here, i am sure if he had an issue he would have let me know.

r//jeevs

Passed Driver's Ed
So, none of the people with the problems got anything resolved on here?
Came across these tails on TM Tuning and was interested but just read this entire thread anddd went ..
:)

:D

:(

Aridi03

Ready to race!
lol RIP to this thread, cheap Spyder lights, i just got fed up of waiting and got the real deal

Fastball

Ready to race!
Looks like this thread has been dead for a while but I ran across it while doing some internet shopping for GTI aftermarket stuff. I found the Spyder LED tail lights at another website on discount and knowing nothing about them I decided to do what I normally do, research the hell out out of it. The only real world review I found was this 14 page thread where the thread started cautiously optomistic to joyous delight, then finally to a complete crash and burn.

Never mind what the seller did here, I don't think he manufactured them but he did sell a product and then not stand behind it, what was the final outcome of the lights? I think one poster said at least four people had problems. Was the entire line junk or did some one have success wth them?

No, I am not interested in buying the Spyder LED tail lights but was curious how a tail light that was two hundred dollars cheaper than the standard rate ($560.00+) faired. And is the market for Spyder tail lights crushed due to this one devestating thread? Is the Spyder name tarnished forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.