GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 1 GTI vs Evolution MR

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Out on some open road late tonight I was following him for a bit after letting my good buddy drive my car... not sure if it was VIII or IX, I'm not very fluent in Evo. He got a ways ahead of me and was waiting at a light to make a left, as I approached the light turned green so I got to roll on through the inside lane about ~20 in 3rd, he was close behind so I rolled into the throttle and we pulled from there as the road merged to 1 lane with me in front. By 6k in 3rd there was 1-1.5 car lengths between us. Spent < 2000 rpm in 4th and the gap spread to maybe 2 cars before shutting down. Good soul, rolled his window down and we had a time. We made a few more short pulls, caught a red.. he said he had an intake only and was low on gas or we could keep going :laugh: It sounded great. I had one passenger and a full tank, APR Stage 1 91oct, Carbonio 1+2, S3 Intercooler, 17" wheels.

Last edited:

Storch

Go Kart Champion
no offense but something was wrong with that evo if you beat it by 2 cars lol

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
i take my brothers evo x MR but im stage 2, and i run 93 octane only... and i don't even take him by 2 cars. its more like 1/2-1 car IF that. something was definitely wrong with the dude in the MR... prolly didn't know how to drive the damn thing. and that's from a roll too. from a dig there's no chance in hell.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
^^^plus the x is slow compared to the 8 or 9

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
:laugh:

I'm not saying if we drag raced from an even start the same thing would happen. Just sharing the scenario.

On the 3rd-4th gear pull we were merging into one lane. There was space between us before we started. When I looked back, there was about 1-1.5 cars between us, then during a component-safe smooth shift to 4th he got closer, then I pulled (as the road went slightly up hill) to about 2 cars.

He easily could not have known how to drive, or the TSI tq and incline could have put the GTI in the advantage zone.