GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #71
Tifore
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Black 6MT GTI
Nice car! I like the build so far.
Im on the east side of Cleveland, in Mayfield.
Awesome BodyArtForms sticker! Hope to see you around someday.
Tifore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #72
zalani
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 2dr DSG, Deep Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifore View Post
Nice car! I like the build so far.
Im on the east side of Cleveland, in Mayfield.
Awesome BodyArtForms sticker! Hope to see you around someday.
For sure! I'm over on the east side a decent amount.

Willow

'12 GTI 2Door DSG, DB
Build Thread
zalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:48 PM   #73
zalani
Drag Racing Champion

Just got my tax return, gunna spend some of it on mah baby.

now just to pick what...

Willow

'12 GTI 2Door DSG, DB
Build Thread
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 AM   #74
CLEsonny
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Driver's Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalani View Post

now just to pick what...
Ed's LED tails
Old 02-15-2016, 03:09 AM   #75
TKE Mario
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 VW GTI mkVI 2.0T 6-spd
Quote:

now just to pick what...
CAI for sure, as for intercooler, I'd say consider how far you wanna take things with modding your car, if you plan on sticking with stock turbo just get the S3/Golf R intercooler and save money for other upgrades on suspension and handling instead. #JustMy2Cents

noooowwwwww if you're gonna eventually go K04 or larger turbo...that changes things lol but be prepared to spend a lot of $$$
Old 02-15-2016, 06:33 PM   #76
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEsonny View Post
Ed's LED tails

I like the way you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2016, 11:44 PM   #77
feedingthesickness
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 CW Golf R
The tails are probably one of my favorite mods I've done to my car. Stock ones are just plain ugly
Old 11-29-2016, 12:35 PM   #78
zalani
Drag Racing Champion

It's been so long! Nothing much exciting to report on the car, but some things.

Did my first service myself? So that's pretty cool, nothing crazy but it is all new to me. They wanted 450$ or so at the dealership and i NOPE'd the fuck out of that and did it myself with a buddy.

Still need to bleed the brakes, but i'm not sure how super necessary that'll be for me, need to check the reservoir maybe.

I'm pretty pleased that i did it myself without too many hiccups. Though i will say fuck the dealership, apparently they put on one time use crush washers on the oil drain plug? i didn't know that and freaked out when i was leaking oil. That's just a shitty move imo. Replaced it with a normal ass rubber washer or whatever and we're golden now.

BUT EXCITING NEWS:

I bought wheels! I'm so freaking excited.

I ended up picking up a set of radi8 r8b12's from ecs for the black friday/cyber monday sale. I dont even care if they're 'in' in the GTI scene or not. It was love at first sight and they're perfect. I'm trying to go more for a race/autocross build than a show build so they aren't the lightest wheels i could have picked but i dont even care. I'll get some race wheels or something down the line.

They'll be my summer wheels so i wont get to see them on the car for a while but i'm thinking of putting them in my living room so i can gaze longingly at them all winter. Now that i pretty much have nice wheels though i definitely need to grab coilovers. Stock height just ain't gunna cut it.

Willow

'12 GTI 2Door DSG, DB
Build Thread
Old 11-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #79
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Quote:
It's been so long! Nothing much exciting to report on the car, but some things.

Did my first service myself? So that's pretty cool, nothing crazy but it is all new to me. They wanted 450$ or so at the dealership and i NOPE'd the fuck out of that and did it myself with a buddy.

Still need to bleed the brakes, but i'm not sure how super necessary that'll be for me, need to check the reservoir maybe.

I'm pretty pleased that i did it myself without too many hiccups. Though i will say fuck the dealership, apparently they put on one time use crush washers on the oil drain plug? i didn't know that and freaked out when i was leaking oil. That's just a shitty move imo. Replaced it with a normal ass rubber washer or whatever and we're golden now.

BUT EXCITING NEWS:

I bought wheels! I'm so freaking excited.

I ended up picking up a set of radi8 r8b12's from ecs for the black friday/cyber monday sale. I dont even care if they're 'in' in the GTI scene or not. It was love at first sight and they're perfect. I'm trying to go more for a race/autocross build than a show build so they aren't the lightest wheels i could have picked but i dont even care. I'll get some race wheels or something down the line.

They'll be my summer wheels so i wont get to see them on the car for a while but i'm thinking of putting them in my living room so i can gaze longingly at them all winter. Now that i pretty much have nice wheels though i definitely need to grab coilovers. Stock height just ain't gunna cut it.

Nice! Congrats on the success of your diy maintenance and the new wheels.

I just googled those wheels. Pretty cool, though they look like they will be a pain to clean haha.

If you're sticking to a tight budget and want some coilovers look into the Solo Werks. I'm currently running them and they're not too bad, especially for the price (sub $500 range). They'll go relatively low too.
APR K04 / meth injection / custom intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / FMIC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #80
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Quote:
Though i will say fuck the dealership, apparently they put on one time use crush washers on the oil drain plug? i didn't know that and freaked out when i was leaking oil. That's just a shitty move imo. Replaced it with a normal ass rubber washer or whatever and we're golden now.
This is normal to use one time use crush washers - that's OEM spec. Sometimes replacing it with normal ones causes a little leaking there. Most of the time it's fine. Personally, I just use the one time stuff.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:25 AM   #81
zalani
Drag Racing Champion

Man it's been a while. Willow's got some new mods going on! I finally feel like we're part of the 'scene' now.

First of all, Exhaust!

I'm running the AWE catback now, and she sounds so good. The reviews i saw described it as 'Jekyll and Hyde' and i totally agree. It's subdued most of the time but when you get on the gas it sound great. Loud enough, without being obnoxious.

------------------

Second, summer wheels/tires!!

They're the radi8 r8b12's i picked up around Christmas, and i'm running 235/40-18 BFgoodrich Sport Comp-2's on 'em. It's only finally warm enough to see any sort of traction improvement. It seems like i only spin in first now and not in first, second, and sometimes third like my old tires. They're wide enough, 8.5's, that i'm sometime bottoming out and rubbing on the front if i hit a bump going too fast (i'm looking at you 480E just past 71) but otherwise they fit pretty well. They clear turning fine, so i dont think i need to roll the fenders. I love they way they look, and that no one is running these wheels around here. They'll be a bitch to clean but the things we do for the aesthetics, amirite.

-----------------

Now it's time to save up for stage 2 :X I'm thinking i'll switch out all my decals and stickers tonight, then maybe bribe my buddy with cupcakes to take some actual pictures of Willow with proper gear and photography skills.

Cheers to driving season guys!

Willow

'12 GTI 2Door DSG, DB
Build Thread