GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
chinqutie
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: APR KO4 GTI, 2013 x128i
nice pick up on the fk wheel tree. i wanted one too but i was looking for the one with wheels.
ko4 club member#14ADV.1/DPE/Akrapovic/Bilstein/Vredestein/DorbritzDesigns/Forge/SPM/034/Stoptech/P3Cars/Southbend/Peloquin/Whiteline/Hotchkis/Unibrace/Osir/OEM+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
Using automatic climate control as justification to buy/not buy a car = STUPIDEST THING EVER.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunKata View Post
I've found that if my pants are down around my ankles, this site moves A LOT faster..
chinqutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #16
XZT123
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: CSG Autobahn GTI w/DSG
Good Job recognizing the wheel tree! I'm not sure what you mean about the one "with the wheels" was that a joke ;-)

So, I took the first trip tonight with the blue side mirrors. They are awesome.. I really like them. They make your rear view mirrors feel twice as big and they really do stop cars from blinding you at night. It's one of those things that you say "why can't all cars do this?!"

Lastly, it was pointed out that my LED tails have a problem?! On the left side the reverse light is red?? Is this normal? I didn't think so, but it looks like I got a red bulb by accident. I'm going to have to check all my bulb colors maybe..
XZT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #17
GTI_likeurmom
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: Veyron 16.4
so many goodies. i like the dsg paddles. i wish i could get them.
I cut the tether off. When I get to the pump, I remove the cap and chuck it into the nearest bush, patch of trees, or some sort of wet lands. I pump gas. Then I spend anywhere from 5 to 165 minutes retrieving the cap. I screw it back on and drive away. I'm not letting it dangle against the paint and I don't know any better way.
GTI_likeurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:44 AM   #18
Papele
Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black 2011 GTI 2-dr 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZT123 View Post
Good Job recognizing the wheel tree! I'm not sure what you mean about the one "with the wheels" was that a joke ;-)

So, I took the first trip tonight with the blue side mirrors. They are awesome.. I really like them. They make your rear view mirrors feel twice as big and they really do stop cars from blinding you at night. It's one of those things that you say "why can't all cars do this?!"

Lastly, it was pointed out that my LED tails have a problem?! On the left side the reverse light is red?? Is this normal? I didn't think so, but it looks like I got a red bulb by accident. I'm going to have to check all my bulb colors maybe..
The Red bulb is a "rear fog light." Its a Euro thing, I dont see the point. Also not, 100% sure, but with a oem euro light switch you can control it. I have rep LED tails and I have the rear fog as one of my reverse lights. The only thing that bothers me about it is everyone telling me I have a bulb out.

But anyways, nice build dude.
Suspension: Stock >.<
Papele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #19
XZT123

Thanks man, I'll have to test out the lights more and I still need to get the coding change. I dunno if I need the coding change for the rear fog to work properly or not.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
XZT123

I've been busy working on my Civic.. getting it ready to sell it! Gotta recoup money from all these parts somehow and I don't need two cars.

I still need to put the laminx on my fogs, and swap the wheels over to my GTI to try them out on it. If you noticed I also had wobble bolts and hub rings in there.. I'm not sure how it will look without lowering it since my wheels are 17s. Koni is taking forever....

Hopefully I can get some pictures after looks a lot better with tails and side markers already.

Last edited by XZT123; 06-13-2012 at 12:14 PM.