GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed a set of OEM Euro tails. I've seen plenty of photos of GTIs with the tails on, but they just look so different and special and you're seeing them with your own eyes on your car. Man, they look really, really good. Very happy with this upgrade.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
She's home!

Lots more pictures to follow tomorrow.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Catastrophic brake piston failure at the track about a month ago. Not fun, so fucking thankful I didn’t crash and got off track in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Looking good guys.
My intake manifold finally crapped out...the flapper shaft is out a bit and there is some broken plastic. Quite the vacuum leak and the car runs terrible now. Prices have come down, I got the latest revision coming from ECS for $150. This will be my first look at the valves.

torga

Autocross Champion
She's home!

Lots more pictures to follow tomorrow.
Wow!! I can't wait to see more photos - that front end is amazing.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
I'm heading to Laguna Seca on Tuesday for my first HDPE event.

I got my action camera mount completed a while back. I finally figured out how to get the camera to run off the car charger (the internal battery only lasts about 20 minutes). I can turn it on when I get in the car and then start recording with my phone when I'm ready to hit the track.

Today I changed my oil, topped off the coolant, installed the tow hook and removed the lug covers and center caps.

Afterward I almost banged my shin on the tow hook a couple times. I decided it should be painted orange so I see it.

Attachments

• IMG_6718.jpg
    IMG_6718.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6717.jpg
    IMG_6717.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 271

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Swapped mt BT module from PN 7P6-035-730-C to 7P6-035-730-F, aka 9w7. i now can control my phone's media from steeringwheel controls.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion

Mk6Racing

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm heading to Laguna Seca on Tuesday for my first HDPE event.

I got my action camera mount completed a while back. I finally figured out how to get the camera to run off the car charger (the internal battery only lasts about 20 minutes). I can turn it on when I get in the car and then start recording with my phone when I'm ready to hit the track.

Today I changed my oil, topped off the coolant, installed the tow hook and removed the lug covers and center caps.

Afterward I almost banged my shin on the tow hook a couple times. I decided it should be painted orange so I see it.

How did you make the camera holder? Looked at and tried several options for my GoPro but they’re all pretty crummy. Like the look of this one.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Finally got around to see what actually happened when the brakes took a crap on track. Piston went totally through the pad. And the piston seal failed as well.

Installed 18z’s on the car. And they fit perfect with my Neuspeed wheels, no spacer needed. Amazing stopping power

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Finally got around to see what actually happened when the brakes took a crap on track. Piston went totally through the pad. And the piston seal failed as well.

Installed 18z’s on the car. And they fit perfect with my Neuspeed wheels, no spacer needed. Amazing stopping power

Rip those old brakes. How long did the install take. Are you still on stock rear brakes or were those upgraded as well?