GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Color Changing Footwells on sale now! Change to any color with a click of a button!

whothrewpooh

Passed Driver's Ed
Color Changing Footwells on sale now! Change to any color with a click of a b...

I have a set of these in my car and they look excellent. There are lots of different colors to switch between and they are quite bright at their highest setting.

There are some modes that will continuously alter the color if that is your thing, but I wouldn't recommend driving around like that at night. I keep mine on red which goes nice with the gauges and stuff and doesn't mess with my night vision.

If you watch the videos and take your time the install is easy with no bulb-out light and no VCDS coding. Last but not least the remote fits nicely down in the center console by the MDI connector.

Overall I'd say that if you were thinking of swapping your stock footwells to LED you should get these instead of being stuck with just one color,

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I have a set of these in my car and they look excellent. There are lots of different colors to switch between and they are quite bright at their highest setting.

There are some modes that will continuously alter the color if that is your thing, but I wouldn't recommend driving around like that at night. I keep mine on red which goes nice with the gauges and stuff and doesn't mess with my night vision.

If you watch the videos and take your time the install is easy with no bulb-out light and no VCDS coding. Last but not least the remote fits nicely down in the center console by the MDI connector.

Overall I'd say that if you were thinking of swapping your stock footwells to LED you should get these instead of being stuck with just one color,

Thanks for the feedback.

We do not suggest leaving any LED footwells on while driving, the reason being with the MK6 GTI and some other models, high volts of electricity are sent to your footwells when you accelerate, having your LEDs one can cause the resistors to burn out which causes the LED to die before its time.

We do warranty these, but to avoid any hassle of using the warranty, it is best to keep these off while driving.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Installed these and they are great. Fantastic instruction videos too. Thanks

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the feedback.

We do not suggest leaving any LED footwells on while driving, the reason being with the MK6 GTI and some other models, high volts of electricity are sent to your footwells when you accelerate, having your LEDs one can cause the resistors to burn out which causes the LED to die before its time.

We do warranty these, but to avoid any hassle of using the warranty, it is best to keep these off while driving.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Good to know. I've been leaving them on like factory, but I can certainly shit them off.

whothrewpooh

Passed Driver's Ed
@deautokey - I noticed a bit in VCDS for LED footwells... something like "Disable footwell bulb monitoring (LED lights)" which I changed over the weekend. I assume that eliminates the power surges you are warning us about.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Installed these and they are great. Fantastic instruction videos too. Thanks
Thanks for the update.

@deautokey - I noticed a bit in VCDS for LED footwells... something like "Disable footwell bulb monitoring (LED lights)" which I changed over the weekend. I assume that eliminates the power surges you are warning us about.

That could work, what we have seen with just the MK6 GTI is that when accelerating higher than normal volts are sent to the bulb.

Our lifetime warranty will cover any issues you might have though, but it is a heads up.

Thank you:thumbsup:

whothrewpooh

Passed Driver's Ed
I believe it was in 09-Cent Elect inside the long coding helper. My notes say "byte 25 bit 3 = 1 monitor footwell inactive (LED lights)" if that is useful. I have mine set to the lowest in the car settings (20% i think) and they LEDs arent getting hot or misbehaving yet keeping them on while driving.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I believe it was in 09-Cent Elect inside the long coding helper. My notes say "byte 25 bit 3 = 1 monitor footwell inactive (LED lights)" if that is useful. I have mine set to the lowest in the car settings (20% i think) and they LEDs arent getting hot or misbehaving yet keeping them on while driving.

Good information. Our LEDs should hold up, but if they do die before their time, we have a lifetime warranty, we just want to let customers know this is a special case just for the MK6 GTI footwells and not our LEDs overall.

Thank you:thumbsup:

bmc333

Ready to race!
Got mine installed yesterday and LOVE them! Impressed with how bright they are as well. Good to know about not leaving them on while driving due to higher voltage...

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Got mine installed yesterday and LOVE them! Impressed with how bright they are as well. Good to know about not leaving them on while driving due to higher voltage...

:thumbsup: Thanks for the feedback.

If you are not going to accelerate and just cruising, you should have no issues with these being on. Due to the VW GTI MK6 Electrical system and how it sends high volts as it revs its engine, close to 21v, it can fry your fotwell's resistors.

But, we do have a lifetime warranty and understand this can happen with the MK6 GTI.