GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Mine is an internal gate, and it's full open at like 8psi (aka wastegate pressure). But 70% duty cycle is 20-22psi and 80% is 28-30psi. That's just a set duty cycle across the board. I'm actually going to be installing a scramble button next month, so when I'm at the track I can launch in first and second on the 70% duty cycle setting and then when I hit third hit the button to go to 80+% duty for the rest of the run.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Mine is an internal gate, and it's full open at like 8psi (aka wastegate pressure). But 70% duty cycle is 20-22psi and 80% is 28-30psi. That's just a set duty cycle across the board. I'm actually going to be installing a scramble button next month, so when I'm at the track I can launch in first and second on the 70% duty cycle setting and then when I hit third hit the button to go to 80+% duty for the rest of the run.

Me too, internal gate with 1.5bar WG spring. Drove the car today and partial throttle cruising was terrible. Kept the Greddy EBC on the controlled setting but dropped the start to 1psi so the solenoid duty cycle is 100% from vacuum to 1psi. From there I have it at 40% duty cycle from 1psi to whatever I'll reach and maintain witha 5% gain.

Can someone expand on scramble, what it does and when it would be used?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

On my Tru-boost it's a function that when a certain wire is grounded it'll switch to a specified duty cycle for a specified amount of time. So in my case, I'm going to hook it to a push button. At the track, launch and get through first and second on 20psi to maximize traction, then hit the push button to switch to 30psi to finish the run out where more traction is available. That's my plan anyway.

a3scott20

Ready to race!
Me too, internal gate with 1.5bar WG spring. Drove the car today and partial throttle cruising was terrible. Kept the Greddy EBC on the controlled setting but dropped the start to 1psi so the solenoid duty cycle is 100% from vacuum to 1psi. From there I have it at 40% duty cycle from 1psi to whatever I'll reach and maintain witha 5% gain.

Ryan, have you tried setting boost according to Greddy manual?
745BDC11-C362-4CE0-A26E-6F3C1A224CA7.jpg
Currently my EBC is set :
IMG_1637.JPG

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Ryan, have you tried setting boost according to Greddy manual?
View attachment 54727
Currently my EBC is set :
View attachment 54728

Thanks Scott, I made changes last night and the normal driving conditions are MUCH better, I think it has to do with changing the START to 1psi. Next I'll work on SET as I approach my fuel limit before turning on the port injectors. GAIN last.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
mine holds closed until i think 7psi? and then 40% duty cycle was ~20 psi. 1 bar wg spring.

plan is to go down to a 10psi spring and use the 4 port solenoid with cortex to get better control with boost by gear. i'm pretty excited to get that going.

VEE-DUBBER

Passed Driver's Ed
So far so good with the LDKs. No more missing up top. I also had to stud the 2 lower outside manifold bolt holes since the threads came out the bolts. Maybe getting a leak there?
Thanks for the pointers on the fueling Nick! Andy Samland also smoothed out a ton of driveability issues too that I'm pretty sure the other "tuner" never changed from the base file. I didnt realise how terrible it was until now. Significant improvement over the APR software as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
So far so good with the LDKs. No more missing up top. I also had to stud the 2 lower outside manifold bolt holes since the threads came out the bolts. Maybe getting a leak there?
Thanks for the pointers on the fueling Nick! Andy Samland also smoothed out a ton of driveability issues too that I'm pretty sure the other "tuner" never changed from the base file. I didnt realise how terrible it was until now. Significant improvement over the APR software as well.

Andy tuned my car he's a good guy to work with if you want to know about the changes being made to each file iteration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
so where is everyone pulling pressure readings from the compressor side? my gtx has no tap and i had a tap on my ic pipe but i want to have the best possible spot while im redoing my setup. id rather not drill and tap the turbo so should i just go into my ic piping again?

jettaglx91

Go Kart Champion
Anyone in here by chance have a Meastro file for a 115AL ecu? Should be from a 2010 Gti CBFA. Waiting for support but was hoping to get one asap

kern417

Go Kart Champion
so where is everyone pulling pressure readings from the compressor side? my gtx has no tap and i had a tap on my ic pipe but i want to have the best possible spot while im redoing my setup. id rather not drill and tap the turbo so should i just go into my ic piping again?

i think i sent you a link already but this is what i used with my gtx 30. i just tapped the turbo outlet pipe. cheap and easy to install.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-010&Category_Code=BCS

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Top Mount update:

downpipe fabrication started tonight. first half is done (pics tomorrow).
Heat shielding on the way from PTP.
Need to work on o2 sensor extensions now.

VEE-DUBBER

Passed Driver's Ed

Running the APR TCU software smoked these guys. New clutchpack installed into the trans tonight. Hopefully I'll be driving it again by Friday night. The Malone tcu software is significantly better, and was still holding this intermittently.