GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help please. Judder/vibration/lack of power when cold

Lewis_789

Hi,
Car is a 2010 GT TDI DSG. When cold i get a pretty violent judder, like tge car is misfiring above about 1500 rpm. It goes away as soon as the car has warmed up. Can anyone help to diagnose what this could be?

No fault codes on VCDS. Last service was done by me just before chrismas.

Please help!
Thanks, Lewis

zrickety

The Fixer
Your intake flaps may be sticking or broken, may not necessarily throw a code. May also be the timing chain stretch, tensioner going bad. I had this happen in the cold, went away at first then came back with a vengeance in a couple weeks. You can check the cam phase with VCDS, block 91 or 93 I think.

Lewis_789

Your intake flaps may be sticking or broken, may not necessarily throw a code. May also be the timing chain stretch, tensioner going bad. I had this happen in the cold, went away at first then came back with a vengeance in a couple weeks. You can check the cam phase with VCDS, block 91 or 93 I think.

Is there a way of checking the swirl flaps? Or is it a case of take it apart and visually inspect? I believe there is a fix for them.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I dont know much about the tdi, but I was having an issue similar to this. After a few weeks I got a code was cam shaft sensor. Could be fuel related, changed fuel filter lately?

Purerock Racing

I have the same issue on my 2.0 TSI (2012 GTI), manual trans. 28 degrees this morning, and car would hardly move from the stop light. Felt like a misfire but actually it seems like the lower throttle pedal position is not sending a signal to make any boost or it's intermittent, I can feel the turbo basically go on/off/on/off/on/off rapidly at low rpm... it gets better once the engine is warmed up... no codes. I hate it!