GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ever done 0-60 times?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, I found an old 0-60 time of my gti when I had it along with the p3 vidi gauge. Was just curious how many others have recorded their time and if so what times did you achieve. I uploaded the video on YouTube in case anyone wanted to check it out. Off camera the lowest time I was able to achieve was 5.2s on some decent tires.

https://youtu.be/JcOBc_6e6z0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
No, I haven't tried in the gti. I have a hard time forcing myself to do it. Did it a lot in my old a/c vw I could dump at 7k!
I think that is a pretty good time though..

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
No, I haven't tried in the gti. I have a hard time forcing myself to do it. Did it a lot in my old a/c vw I could dump at 7k!
I think that is a pretty good time though..

I think so too it’s not too bad for how wheel happy it is

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys, I found an old 0-60 time of my gti when I had it along with the p3 vidi gauge. Was just curious how many others have recorded their time and if so what times did you achieve. I uploaded the video on YouTube in case anyone wanted to check it out. Off camera the lowest time I was able to achieve was 5.2s on some decent tires.

https://youtu.be/JcOBc_6e6z0

5.2? Lol, what stage are you on? I think VW rated the car at like 6.5 or something. The mk7s got down into 5s but it was in the high 5s...

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
5.2? Lol, what stage are you on? I think VW rated the car at like 6.5 or something. The mk7s got down into 5s but it was in the high 5s...

Yea 5.2 off camera. I was just stage 2 at the time of recording lol. The only time I recorded was 5.78 but yea 5.2 was my best

riceburner

Autocross Champion
vrooo-papita-pap-pap... vrooOOO-papiti-pap-pap-pap!!!

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
5.2 at atage 2 is some good driving. I've hit 5.0 as K04 like twice. And it wasn't easy, and also on PSS tires.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
5.2 at atage 2 is some good driving. I've hit 5.0 as K04 like twice. And it wasn't easy, and also on PSS tires.

Thanks, yea definitely not easy. Practice helped me learn how to modulate the throttle lol I had some decent tires that’s what mainly helped as well, some federal rs-r. It was a lot better after when I swapped to Nitto NT555 g2s

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Good on you. Tires is the biggest key to control any car, I wish more people understood that. That is always mod #1 on cars I own. And you are definitely right, throttle modulation through first and second gear is not easy on these cars. Sounds like you already did the big mod most forget about, driver mod.

Keep enjoying the car, these cars are a blast!

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie

Probably because of all that tire spinning.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Anything better than 5.0 is hard in FWD. I don't spin tires much, I know how to control the throttle.