GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf TDI performance

Dr.Dubzz

Is this remap available in the US? those figures are nuts!

Also, how does doing that affect reliability/longevity etc?

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
Is this remap available in the US? those figures are nuts!

Also, how does doing that affect reliability/longevity etc?

Revo dealers should have the ECU tune. Obviously when you push more power you affect the longevity, but a mild one such as this shouldn't be too much stress on the engine.

Lots of GTI users with Stage I who have broken the 100,000 mile mark cleanly.

TDI110

O_o
I'm no mechanic, but aren't diesel engines by design also more durable than their gasoline counterparts? So they can handle more power than one thinks? It's more can the transmission coupe with the added torque, I think? Someone with more knowledge can chime in :D

Dr.Dubzz

So about $500 for the software? One might assume this would void the warranty though right?

I'd love the extra power, but I don't know about voiding the warranty so soon

TDI110

O_o
Unless APR has the same coding system to go stock mode, the dealer will never know. I have no idea if ABT is in N/A but they are warranty approved by VW.

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
OP:
Got a question for you. Jumping from 140ps to 195ps - did it hit your insurance really bad?
Considering a remap later on, a few years down the line...

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
But GTD??? You don't have the GTI bumper and grille?
Yes you get the GTi bumper but you get an awful honeycombed grill which is a pain to clean without a test tube brush. It appears the GTi has the same awful grille.

It's more can the transmission coupe with the added torque, I think? Someone with more knowledge can chime in :D
Thats what I'm told. You can go above 195bhp but the clutch and transmission won't stand it.

The thing with rechiping/remapping is the warranty. The ECU notes any changes done which VW can access. There are chip sets that just plug in so when it goes back to the dealer for warranty work you just unplug and remove so no one is the wiser.

There are some chipping companies that can do it for a trial period for a week or so. If your not happy with it, it will revert back to normal chip. If you are happy then you pay for it and the chip is made permanent.

Now all this is something I've read about. Personally I'm not that bothered about rechiping as the traffic conditions in the UK are very poor and over crowded. Plus I have 3 years warranty to use up first. ;)

Last edited:

lesvw123

Ready to race!
OP:
Got a question for you. Jumping from 140ps to 195ps - did it hit your insurance really bad?
Considering a remap later on, a few years down the line...[/QUOTE

you can not see that it has been chipped so most people say nothing about it,
i have had 2 vw bora's and this is my second golf all have been chipped it's the first mod i do ,the power difference will put a big grin on your face :)

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
you can not see that it has been chipped so most people say nothing about it,
i have had 2 vw bora's and this is my second golf all have been chipped it's the first mod i do ,the power difference will put a big grin on your face :)

lol

I asked at the dealers and he recommended looking in the vw golf mag they have. Adverts for remapping in there. I did say I wasnt going to do it until the manufacturers warranty is gone so thats at least two years...

The 140 already makes me grin :D so 170-195 will make me look maniacal ;)

So most people dont declare to insurance? Mainly asking cos if they did find out through what ever route they can claim not being notified and not pay...

lesvw123

Ready to race!
lol

I asked at the dealers and he recommended looking in the vw golf mag they have. Adverts for remapping in there. I did say I wasnt going to do it until the manufacturers warranty is gone so thats at least two years...

The 140 already makes me grin :D so 170-195 will make me look maniacal ;)

So most people dont declare to insurance? Mainly asking cos if they did find out through what ever route they can claim not being notified and not pay...

correct, and if you want it back to standard celtic tuning will do it for £50
vw dealers supply tuning boxes and they still cover your warranty with these
fitted ,my dealer knows that my car has been remaped and there is no problem with the warranty

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done a relaxing drive back from work. Around 25 miles.

See how well its done (40mph in 40 zone in fourth, 60mph in 60 zone in fifth).

Took around an hour to get back with no jams (surprisingly).

Although the people were driving 50 in the 60 zone and I had an impatient taxi driver so I uh went a little quicker until I could get out of his way. :D

Attachments

• IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 365

lesvw123

Ready to race!
I've done a relaxing drive back from work. Around 25 miles.

See how well its done (40mph in 40 zone in fourth, 60mph in 60 zone in fifth).

Took around an hour to get back with no jams (surprisingly).

Although the people were driving 50 in the 60 zone and I had an impatient taxi driver so I uh went a little quicker until I could get out of his way. :D

i have done a 60 mph run thirsk to scarborough and the computer has registered 59mpg not bad when its remapped

Last edited:

ecniv

Passed Driver's Ed
computer has registered 59mpg not bad when

when what? ;)

thats really good.

Same run into work... light traffic, done this...

Now I am impressed. However I still twitched when cars over took. Resist it, must resist...

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 385

RPS99SHO

Ready to race!
Wow those seem to be phenominal numbers. But then I remembered gallons across the pond are bigger than they are here. :p