GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wind noise!

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
First off yes I know there a million threads on this but there's just one problem; I don't have wind noise from the top corner of my door like everyone else :( My noise is right from the front of the door somewhere, almost seems like the seal right by the fuse panel or around the mirror or something. I can't figure this one out st all. Anyone else ever see this particular one before?

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
Well I tracked it down. Hard to explain but basically the window is too short or misaligned and the seals at the very front of the door frame right by the speaker don't quite contact the window and I get wind noise through there!

MaltDisney

Passed Driver's Ed
Could you give a little more detail? I have a lot of wind noise too that is coming from the window and not the edges if the door.

funkymcbain

Ready to race!
My description sucked so here's some pics.

This is the very front of the window and you can see the mirror outside the car. You can see there is a gap between the end of the glass and the seal. Not sure if the seal has just worn out or WTF this is about but it'll be going to the dealer very shortly. Neither the seal on the inside of the car or the outside contact the window and that's where all the noise is from.