GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti vs 5.0

Gti207

Ready to race!
Went on a cruise with my friend and his 5.0 stang A/T. I'm stage 1 with a Carbonio intake and he's 100% stock. We raced from 45 and it was pretty even until 80-90 at which point he comfortably pulled away. I will race again and video tape. I was pleased I could hang until 80-90 mph. Many will call bs I'm sure but ill post vids soon enough. He's getting a bama tune soon, I'll need to go stage 2 just to keep up I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I've HEARD those auto trannys suck. Doesn't seem too hard to believe to be honest.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Yeah it's a slush box. They have 3.15s so they pull hard at higher speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I think you will need more then stage 2 to keep up. At fully bolted stage 2 I could comfortably walk the 4.6GT's but 5 dots are a different animal.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Yeah I should've said record lol. I'm not sure I could "tape" even if I wanted to. How times change....

Gti207

Ready to race!
I think you will need more then stage 2 to keep up. At fully bolted stage 2 I could comfortably walk the 4.6GT's but 5 dots are a different animal.

The 4.6s were dogs imo. Yes, these 5 liters are fast, but I believe they often get too much credit. They excel doing burnouts and 100+ acceleration. Honestly who regularly goes down a highway at those speeds? They suck the gas and drive like a fat american sedans. I'll run again as stage 2. It'll be closer thank you think until about 100-11, when the gti falls on it's face.bttn Not my cup of tea these 5.0s

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
The 4.6s were dogs imo. Yes, these 5 liters are fast, but I believe they often get too much credit. They excel doing burnouts and 100+ acceleration.

0-60 in 4.2 seconds and I ran a 12.77@111 stock on all season tires. Pretty good for 0-100 acceleration too, it was sub 10 seconds.

Honestly who regularly goes down a highway at those speeds? They suck the gas and drive like a fat american sedans.

I get 26-27mpg on the highway, and about 20mpg around town. That's with mods and big wheels and tires plus 3.73s out back.

I'll run again as stage 2. It'll be closer thank you think until about 100-11, when the gti falls on it's face.bttn Not my cup of tea these 5.0s

Stage 2 won't even be close to a stock 5.0. If your friend knows how to drive that is. A monkey driving a Veyron is still a monkey, so driver always play a big part.

Gti207

Ready to race!
0-60 in 4.2 seconds and I ran a 12.77@111 stock on all season tires. Pretty good for 0-100 acceleration too, it was sub 10 seconds.

I get 26-27mpg on the highway, and about 20mpg around town. That's with mods and big wheels and tires plus 3.73s out back.

Stage 2 won't even be close to a stock 5.0. If your friend knows how to drive that is. A monkey driving a Veyron is still a monkey, so driver always play a big part.

Comparing a veyron to a 5.0.....priceless. All I'm saying is that if you compare 40-80 runs in a low gear a stage 2 WILL hang with a 5.0. Obviously a muscle car with rwd and 400hp will beat a gti in a line, but all I said was that the gti can stay competitive. Not once did I say it will take a 5.0. Ik you're defending your car man, we all do. You 5.0 drivers are so quick to defend anything beating your cars in a street race. Will you credit my stage 3 dinan 335is for walking all over a precious bama "race" tuned 5.0? Last, of the two 5.0 drivers I know, neither get "27" mpg on the highway and most certainly not 20 city.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
of the two 5.0 drivers I know, neither get "27" mpg on the highway and most certainly not 20 city.

Yea those numbers must be driving it like an absolute puss. The guys I know get like 14 with any kind of city/spirited driving and a tad over 20 on the highway with a little screwing around.

I LOVE the 5.0's though. I'd buy one if it didn't handle like shit and weigh 2 tons. I grew up on foxbodys, but until they handle well I would never go back to a mustang for a DD. We will have to see how the 15's work with IRS.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Great accelerating cars and driving one does make you feel like a badass, but as an everyday car with Chicago winters....again not my cup of tea.

Gti207

Ready to race!
I've seen this video multiple times. IMHO the gti was heatsoaked and possibly needed a driver mod. Plus that 5.0 is far from stock.

Gti207

Ready to race!
Plus that mustang jumped. Although credit where it's due, 5.0s are fast cars.

fender177

Ready to race!
I've seen this video multiple times. IMHO the gti was heatsoaked and possibly needed a driver mod. Plus that 5.0 is far from stock.

Plus that mustang jumped. Although credit where it's due, 5.0s are fast cars.

You're kidding, right? Did he jump a bus length ahead? Or.. wait... the GTI didn't know they were racing.. that must be it! he was too comfortable in his upgraded interior to be bothered with the race.

No offense, but GTIs can't hang with 5.0s at stage 1... I very much so dislike mustangs (for the most part), but they can be pretty damn quick, and they sound amazing.

:dnftt: