GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW "Goodwill Package"

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Cards activated; now gonna take the GTI to the dealer to get the ABS fixed with a free grand $$

:thumbsup:

zrickety

The Fixer
Cards activated; now gonna take the GTI to the dealer to get the ABS fixed with a free grand $$

[emoji106]
What's wrong with the ABS?

Gael

Passed Driver's Ed
Got mine too.. somewhat related:

Anyone know if you can use the VW dealer Visa card at an online VW dealer's site, or does it have to be at a physical location? I was toying with getting the front valance, side skirts, and rear spoiler for my TDI, but wanted to shop around if possible to get the best bang for the buck.

Lowtec Derbo

Passed Driver's Ed

Anyone know if you can use the VW dealer Visa card at an online VW dealer's site, or does it have to be at a physical location? I was toying with getting the front valance, side skirts, and rear spoiler for my TDI, but wanted to shop around if possible to get the best bang for the buck.

Have you tried calling vowa?

-Derek

Saabstory

What's wrong with the ABS?

I guess it's the controller, thought per the VCDS report it was the pump but I don't know a lot about ABS systems so I didn't want to mess with it too much.

They are replacing both the pump and controller, and of course the reprogramming, bleeding, etc involved. Damn dealer is charging $1850 for the work...

I found out late yesterday (after already authorizing the work) that ABS controllers are rebuildable... Wish I'd found that little gem before-hand... :(

Yes; on some of them. You'll have to call the dealer and confirm they will accept it for online orders; some will and some won't.

Gunawanna

After some 10% coupon, I used my dealer cash to purchase the base roof rack and one bicycle mount for $503 OTD.

Other $500 Visa was used for strippers and coke :D

jcfran1

Spoke with VW Goodwill call center 3 times and dealership about some activations questions I had.

They are demanding not only proof of ownership, physically bringing in your TDI and showing a driver's license, but also they want a photo copies of documents.

I have asked what they will do with these documents and I have received conflicting answers.

VW dealer says VW corporate requires them.

VW corporate says some dealers may make photocopies some may not.

No one can say what happens to the copies of your driver's license and proof of ownership documents.

VW has been evasive about this.

Cooks VW of Bel Air, Md's General Sales Manager didn't like my enquiries and told me to activate my TDI Goodwill package elsewhere.

Saabstory

So activate it elsewhere... Alexandria VW didn't want any copies of anything; they just took down my mileage, confirmed vin and gave me a working card.