GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TDI wreck

TheGuyWithaGTI

So my wife crashed her JSW TDI yesterday. Probably the worst time to have an accident with the dieselgate thing not settled yet. I'm concerned that with the market value of the car at a low point, the damage-to-value ratio will be inflated and the car will more likely be totaled. I don't want it totaled because I don't want to be paid for its market value right now.

Has anyone had an accident in a TDI since the diesel scandal came out? Just looking for anyone's experience with this.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
So my wife crashed her JSW TDI yesterday. Probably the worst time to have an accident with the dieselgate thing not settled yet. I'm concerned that with the market value of the car at a low point, the damage-to-value ratio will be inflated and the car will more likely be totaled. I don't want it totaled because I don't want to be paid for its market value right now.

Has anyone had an accident in a TDI since the diesel scandal came out? Just looking for anyone's experience with this.
Any pictures of the damage? How many miles are on it?

TheGuyWithaGTI

I don't have pictures right now, but the bumper, headlights, grille, air box, radiator, ac condenser, hood, left fender are all toast. Just got the preliminary damage report of $6k. Car only has 26k miles.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
I donno, that's low mileage for sure! Depends on the insurance company on weather or not they'll total it.

Check in at tdiclub:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php

They have several threads related to the diesel emissions issues. Currently we're waiting for later this month when vw will likely outline their plans. June 21st will be the day they let the public know what their plans are. The public will have one month to put in their input. Then on July 21st they will put their concrete plans down.

I know this doesn't help your situation much. However from the sound of things I don't think it's a total loss. Again that could vary depending on the insurance company.