GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 04-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #43
Jarred767
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 White GTI 4DR 6MT
Got my set of new Alzor wheels (couldn't splurge on high end right now, but needed a dedicated summer wheel) and got them put on my summer tires (kept the Detroits with the winters so I can change them out myself now) and absolutely love the look and fitment (18x8x35et). I was debating between et45 and et35 and very happy that I went with 35. Definitely have that "new love" for the car again.

I've also been slowly pecking away and giving it a full paint correction and filling any chips with some Dr Colorchip as I prep it to get a ceramic coating hopefully some time later this spring.
Jarred767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:08 AM   #44
Jarred767
Touring Car Newbie

Traded some detailing with a local audio shop and got a pretty sweet head unit upgrade installed. Went with the Alpine ilx-107 Mech-less receiver with wireless Apple CarPlay unit with an idatalink maestro module and an EchoMaster reverse camera integrated into it. They also threw in a USB port in the change tray. I absolutely love it so far. Looks clean, runs smooth, and no issues. Wireless CarPlay is awesome too!

Before and After:

During install:

Reverse Cam:

Some extra gauges I can play with:

Clean finish:
Old 04-26-2018, 01:27 AM   #45
Jarred767
Touring Car Newbie

The progression continues, picked up a sweet deal from a fellow member for a Cobb AP with a Cobb intake. Flashed over the the OTS Stage 1 Cobb tune a couple weeks ago, and wow, definitely felt like the tune woke the car up quite a bit.

Then last weekend I finally I had the time to get the Cobb intake installed

Before:

During:

After:

reflashed to Stage 1+ and I love it. I told myself that I wouldn't go past Stage 1+ as I don't NEED it, but I can see how this can get addicting. I love working on the car and love the upgrades, so its like a win/win situation (aside from my wallet that is).

It does sound like there might be a slight air leak somewhere or a high pitched whistle that is caused by the intake, so after some research, it seems like a GFB DV+ may be next in line on the mod list. Either way, loving this car more and more every day.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #46
vex
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: 2014 GTI
Nice pick up with the Cobb AP and intake. Car is looking good! I'm slowly building funds for LED tails.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #47
Jarred767
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Nice pick up with the Cobb AP and intake. Car is looking good! I'm slowly building funds for LED tails.
Thanks man! It’s a slow progression, but coming along nicely. Yeah, 600 plus shipping for the AP and intake was too good to pass up.

You’ll love the LED tails, definitely one of my favorite upgrades so far!
Old 04-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #48
ahard48
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: '14 GTI Wolfsburg Powered By Paypal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred767 View Post
It does sound like there might be a slight air leak somewhere or a high pitched whistle that is caused by the intake, so after some research, it seems like a GFB DV+ may be next in line on the mod list. Either way, loving this car more and more every day.
Car is coming along man, and just wanted to acknowledge the effort to research. You can find anything on this forum and learn so much. Keep up the good work man!
APR Stage 1 l APR Carbonio Intake 1+ 2 l OEM Roof Rack l DeAutoKey l Nokya 2500k Fogs l 35% Tint l CW Rear Inlay l HPA shifter/42dd bushings l P3 Vent Gauge l ST Coilovers l Eurojet DP l Beluga Exhaust
ahard48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:43 PM   #49
davisharr
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Looks awesome! Similar to my direction in mods though so may be a bit Biased But I love the little attention to detail touches and OEM+ look!