GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wind Noise

Epic800

Ready to race!
When I am driving at speeds around 45+ I can hear a slight wind noise coming from my window on the driver side only. What may be the issue?

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
Just adjust the door striker in a little at a time until it goes away. That fixed mine.

Or just take it to the dealer.

thisisaustin9221

Ready to race!
this seems to be pretty common I've seen many others post about this same issue.
pretty sure most people just took it to the dealer and they ended up having to adjust the door to tighten up the seal

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion
Door striker? I am not familiar with that terminology, sorry lol.
Its that loop of steel that sticks out of the door appature the door catch latches into. If you open the door you will see it and its adjustable with torx screws.

I'm told that VW had a problem with wind noise thats why they fitted the extra single seal strip on the bottom of the door. This can hold water when it rains as it runs down the windows glass through the door and drains out of the holes in the door but the seal stops it draining to the floor. When you open the door you get a quart/litre of water run out of the sill step. Personally I don't believe it hold that much as I haven't noticed this but other VW users have complained about this. ;)