GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Ordering | Pricing | PR Material Discussions

Old 03-29-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
terror_dactl
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MkVI GTI
Deal or no deal?

I'm going to my local VW dealer tomorrow for a test drive on a new GTI, and was wondering what is acceptable, as far as test drive miles are concerned? I mean the GTI they have is base model, with the exception of Dynaudio and Bi-Xenon head lights. The sticker price says 24,500, and it has roughly 175 miles on the odometer. Now do you think I could talk 'em down to 23,000 and if so how should I do go about it?
terror_dactl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
NEOHMark
Rally Car Champion

Drives: '10 Black MkVI
Dynaudio and Xenons on a $24,500 MSRP car? Considering the 2-door starts at a base price of $24,414 (incl destination), somebody is stroking you over the phone IMHO. According to VW's website - where you can build one and get the accurate MSRP here - MSRP on those two options on a 2-door is $25,590 incl destination, $24,840 before destination charges.

That said, in your example above? $1500 should be easy to get off the car.

According to Zag.com, that car lists at $25,590 (agrees with VW.com to the penny) and their selling price quoted is $23,706 - almost $1900 off MSRP. So you're not terribly far off from what they've lied to you, er...told you over the phone.

Go to Zag.com, print out a vehicle summary with options, and go into your dealer armed with this info.

Happy hunting!
NEOHMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
edgary
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: a red one
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOHMark View Post
Go to Zag.com, print out a vehicle summary with options, and go into your dealer armed with this info.

Happy hunting!
What he said
edgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
boxersteve

Drives: GOLF 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by terror_dactl View Post
I'm going to my local VW dealer tomorrow for a test drive on a new GTI, and was wondering what is acceptable, as far as test drive miles are concerned? I mean the GTI they have is base model, with the exception of Dynaudio and Bi-Xenon head lights. The sticker price says 24,500, and it has roughly 175 miles on the odometer. Now do you think I could talk 'em down to 23,000 and if so how should I do go about it?
i bought my 1.4 golf 6 for 21000 eurs
boxersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
boxersteve

Drives: GOLF 6
i bought my golf new for 21.000 eurs in malta
boxersteve is offline   Reply With Quote