GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can push button start be replaced for normal key

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i never did think it was hard to stick my hand in my pocket to activate the remote to unlock, or put things down to put my hand in my pocket to unlock, but I like to over complicate things as it is with many things so things like this never bothered me. :laugh:

run on sentence runs on.

it isn't hard without it, but once you have it, its quite nice. Just like an ipod and all the other shit people have these days. You don't "need" it, but once you have something like it, you can't really get used to the idea of not having it. It is a convenience, especially in the winter, or when you are carring groceries, or multiple bags, gym shit, etc, etc.

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
run on sentence runs on.

it isn't hard without it, but once you have it, its quite nice. Just like an ipod and all the other shit people have these days. You don't "need" it, but once you have something like it, you can't really get used to the idea of not having it. It is a convenience, especially in the winter, or when you are carring groceries, or multiple bags, gym shit, etc, etc.

Word.

I am fine with a good old fashioned key as well. But there are several times a week where I've got my hands full and it would be nice to have my doors unlock w/out having to fumble for the key. When my base model GTi (I always buy the base model) comes with keyless / push button I will not be disappointed. I think all cars in the near future will eventually have it. After that it will be spaceships we ride around in. I bet they will have push button start so guess we better get used to it :)

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Oh look, the forum is full of smart asses today.....why bother if your not going to say something constructive.

I want to change it because I think push button start is a gimmick. It came with the leather/sunroof option.

Kinda like reading a 'book' on an iPad. Just get the fucking book and stop trying to be so trendy.

I've read more books on my iPad than I have paper books in my whole life. Keep your pulverized trees.

Karthoum

Ready to race!
Perhaps manual windows are in order as well?
What about manual door locks?

...and why stop with the push button? Ditch the key too? How about just a crank?

Damn whipersnappers!

zVp

Go Kart Champion

You guys are too high tech. I cruise around in this badboy; look at the staggered wheels, brah!

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
KESSY sucks for surfers. Nowhere to put the key and lock your car when you're in the water. Glad I bought a 2010 for this reason.

pdykstra600

Go Kart Champion
KESSY sucks for surfers. Nowhere to put the key and lock your car when you're in the water. Glad I bought a 2010 for this reason.

You shouldn't hide the key on your tire anyway. Everybody knows to look there. Get a waterproof pouch for it and your good to go.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
You shouldn't hide the key on your tire anyway. Everybody knows to look there. Get a waterproof pouch for it and your good to go.

My valet key just goes in my wetsuit with me while the fob is locked in the car. Can't do that with KESSY.

durhamgti

Passed Driver's Ed
kessy will be great till the car ages and it stops working one day, when you need your fob reprogrammed by the dealer but car is stuck in the woods somewhere on a fishing trip, you may laugh but corvette owners have been dealing with this issue since the 2005 model came out. Technology is always great while it is new, for you technology buffs the trick must be to get rid of your car before warranty runs out, much like upgrading your computers every so often.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
kessy will be great till the car ages and it stops working one day, when you need your fob reprogrammed by the dealer but car is stuck in the woods somewhere on a fishing trip, you may laugh but corvette owners have been dealing with this issue since the 2005 model came out. Technology is always great while it is new, for you technology buffs the trick must be to get rid of your car before warranty runs out, much like upgrading your computers every so often.

I didn't know vette owners took their cars fishing? ;)

There is a workaround for those, just like there is for the GTI... read the owners manual, and you will find it.