GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I couldn't trap higher then 105-106mph with 100 octane or 93 octane on V3.0. I had to shift in to 4th just before the end.

:confused:

On V2 I trapped 111 on 93 octane and 113 on 100 octane..

I would hope to see at least 115 on 100 octane with V3.1. I could squeak out the full run in 4th, but with V2 I seemed to have some high rpm issues and actually made my fastest passes by shifting into 5th. With the new tune I don't see anymore issues in high rpm.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
On V2 I trapped 111 on 93 octane and 113 on 100 octane..

I would hope to see at least 115 on 100 octane with V3.1. I could squeak out the full run in 4th, but with V2 I seemed to have some high rpm issues and actually made my fastest passes by shifting into 5th. With the new tune I don't see anymore issues in high rpm.

The v3.1 100 oct tune is way more aggressive than the v2. More boost, way more timing, runs leaner.... I bet you will improve

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
The v3.1 100 oct tune is way more aggressive than the v2. More boost, way more timing, runs leaner.... I bet you will improve

All this TRAPPIN' talk has got me excited!

I'll be at New Jersey Motorsports Park this weekend, so I'll have to find out if they have a drag strip or if I've got to stop off in Englishtown to trap that HO!

In any case the NJMP Lightening Track is a FAST track with long straights and fast sweeping corners so my average track speed should be much higher than it was compared to my sessions at Lime Rock and Thompson Speedway.

I wonder if full slicks would make that much of a difference over the Pilot Sport Cups that I'm currently running?:thumbsup:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
All this TRAPPIN' talk has got me excited!

I'll be at New Jersey Motorsports Park this weekend, so I'll have to find out if they have a drag strip or if I've got to stop off in Englishtown to trap that HO!

In any case the NJMP Lightening Track is a FAST track with long straights and fast sweeping corners so my average track speed should be much higher than it was compared to my sessions at Lime Rock and Thompson Speedway.

I wonder if full slicks would make that much of a difference over the Pilot Sport Cups that I'm currently running?:thumbsup:

Pick up some Hoosier DOT slicks. They will make a noticeable difference.

:)

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
I got the dyno graphs from matts GLI from yesterday.

4th gear 100 octane fuel
STD correction: 368.0whp/385.87wtq
SAE correction: 360.77whp/378.30wtq

Very impressive results Matt. I've just about lurked in this thread long enough that I'm nearly convinced to give the V3.1 tune a try. :D

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
I got the dyno graphs from matts GLI from yesterday.

4th gear 100 octane fuel
STD correction: 368.0whp/385.87wtq
SAE correction: 360.77whp/378.30wtq

Here is his 4th gear vs 5th gear pull on 100 octane. He hit 155mph on the dyno in 5th gear only going to 6000rpm and thats a STRENUOUS test, especially since the dyno fans cannot simulate the airflow through the cooling systems accurately at this level.

I also checked to see if there was any wheelspin or clutch slip during the testing and there was none.

I'm also showing GreasyGinzo's dyno results so you know what wheelspin or clutch slip would actually look like.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Thank you Sir!

:thumbsup:

Do you notice any loss of low end power? Seems like you're still hitting 300WTRQ pretty early.

Awesome!

When you coming down? Come take mine for a spin!

I'll be down your way in two weeks. I'll pop you an email early next week to line things up. :cool:

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
:thumbsup:

Do you notice any loss of low end power? Seems like you're still hitting 300WTRQ pretty early.

I'll be down your way in two weeks. I'll pop you an email early next week to line things up. :cool:

no if anything low end power is available sooner!

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
The dot slick kumho V's and hankook V's are also good options. Keep them on a spare set of light wheels and they will last longer.

Ok cool, yea I'm in the process of getting some nice light wheels, the OZ Formula HLT's that I have on now are MEGA light, I might get those again just in a different size.

was also looking at Work Emotion CR Ultimates.