GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
Are you trolling? What the hell are you saying?

I'm talking about the unreliability of Meth and the fact that certain companies build tunes based on their own hardware, not other manufactures hardware.

You may disagree with me until your heart is content, but at the end of the day pistons fry and crack from uneven Meth spray and a $300 IC doesn't perform the same way a $1,000 IC does.

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
good point, as previously mentioned I was having issues with the logging feature on the APR app---

I will in the future not run the 100 octance map unless I am able to run logs (now repeat 100 times) :paddle:

lol, wise words!!

You were running MS109 thought, that is more than 100oct it's like 106, right?

Also you were at the drag strip and not a road course correct? So oil starvation can be ruled out.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
You were running MS109 thought, that is more than 100oct it's like 106, right?

Also you were at the drag strip and not a road course correct? So oil starvation can be ruled out.

I'm pretty sure he was at a 1/2 mile event that starts from a roll. I also hear it was pretty hot at the event.

MS109 is typically very safe for 100 octane mode.

:)

mGLIson

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm pretty sure he was at a 1/2 mile event that starts from a roll. I also hear it was pretty hot at the event.

That was my understanding as well in regard to MS109. I wonder if the IC might have not been doing it's job properly.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
SATANIC PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Before everybody goes and depletes the available iridium supply buying spark plugs,
Here is some more food for thought:

After Grizza's last run his car would not restart. When we hooked up my vcds cable and ran the autoscan he had in addition to the 3 misfire codes a p1250 fuel level too low.

after we swapped his coils with some spares i had, car still would not restart. we pulled the plugs and found them blown up. i got two spare stock plugs and He put them in. car still wouldnt start.

I had to manually prime the low pressure fuel pump with vcds to get the car to restart.
after that it was pretty apparent it had 2 fubar cylinders.

now if we take into account the fact that MS109 has a different Stoich point than pump gas or the Sunoco gt 260+ coupled with the condition of the event and the added stress of full throttle 1/2 mile pulls. no different spark plug may have saved it.

I think it Fuel starved at wot leaned out and did what it did. is it surprising that cyl 3&4 were hurt? dont know but my guess is those two went because they are inline in the firing order of the motor and just happen to be closest to the fuel inlet on the rail. so if rail pressure dropped what ever fuel volume was left would have been pulled through those two cylinders when the ecu fired the injectors.

again just a guess.

when He gets the Head pulled we all will see the extent of the damage. im guessing its going to be melted valves.
Is that code saying he ran out of fuel?

lol gli

Go Kart Champion
You are running those newer plugs? How does she feel? Better? I wonder if I should switch over.

i am. a tad bit better idle. still zero misfires. ran quite a few logs with them. working well. but, i had zero misfires on the 7Bs as well. Jamie asked me to run these, so i am.

:thumbup:

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

I would think if a major tuner comes out with a tune and a "100 octane mode" I should be able to hold the car flat for 20 miles without my shit blowing up. Even in 100 degree heat. MS109 is 109 octane correct?

Sspcivic31

Drag Race Newbie
I would think if a major tuner comes out with a tune and a "100 octane mode" I should be able to hold the car flat for 20 miles without my shit blowing up. Even in 100 degree heat. MS109 is 109 octane correct?

i seriously doubt any part of this car was designed to be under full load that long even at stock boost levels.

MS109 is 105 octane r+m/2
http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page499474.html

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Ms109 is really high quality fuel for sure, its not 109 octane though its 105 like sspcivic31 said. Oxygenated as well. Not really sure what's up and I don't want to speculate but this tune is aggressive so if you lean out like it seems to be what happened here because he was low on fuel or the pump wasn't fully submerged bad things are going to happen at wot on the track.

GlowstickNinja21

Ready to race!
Ms109 is really high quality fuel for sure, its not 109 octane though its 105. Oxygenated as well. Not really sure what's up and I don't want to speculate but this tune is aggressive so if you lean out like it seems to be what happened here because he was low on fuel or the pump wasn't fully submerged bad things are going to happen at wot on the track.

With these power levels it would behoove yourself to have a wide band IMO.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I plan on getting dyno'd tomorrow at Waterfest if anybody wants to see that embarrassment lol if its over 300whp I'll be happy on my MKV