GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will this trigger an airbag dash warning light

afctom

Ready to race!
My drivers side seatbelt buckle has unfortunately broken so going to replace it tomorrow, just wondering if by replacing this it will trigger the airbag warning light on the dash? I'm thinking surely not as it has nothing to do with the airbags? don't have VAG-COM to hand so really hope not. Pic of part below. Thanks

atikovi

Ready to race!
Replacing it shouldn't. Just don't drive to the dealer with it removed from the car. THAT may set off the light.

cbenjes

Go Kart Newbie
I just replaced my driver's buckle. The switch inside it failed and it intermittently set off the seat belt light, but not the air bag light. It's a 20 minute job and all you need is a couple of sockets. Disconnect the battery first, let it sit for about 10 minutes to disable the airbag residual charge, then unbolt the seat using a triple-square bit and tip it to the left so you can remove the old buckle. There are other connections under the seat, but when you tip it to the side (vice removing the seat altogether) you don't have to disconnect anything except the bad buckle. But be careful that you don't stretch the other connections or break them. Part number is 1K3857755AKYLZ for my '11 GTI. You can get them on-line for about $80.

afctom

Ready to race!
I just replaced my driver's buckle. The switch inside it failed and it intermittently set off the seat belt light, but not the air bag light. It's a 20 minute job and all you need is a couple of sockets. Disconnect the battery first, let it sit for about 10 minutes to disable the airbag residual charge, then unbolt the seat using a triple-square bit and tip it to the left so you can remove the old buckle. There are other connections under the seat, but when you tip it to the side (vice removing the seat altogether) you don't have to disconnect anything except the bad buckle. But be careful that you don't stretch the other connections or break them. Part number is 1K3857755AKYLZ for my '11 GTI. You can get them on-line for about $80.

Thanks a lot man!

afctom

Ready to race!
Ok so replaced the seatbelt buckle anchor today and still getting the warning light chime. Just had another look at the seatbelt buckle itself, and it seems part of it has worn away and is down to the bare metal clearly causing the broken connection. Going to call the dealer tomorrow but its a 2009 so way out of warranty, surely a seatbelt buckle should have a life-time warranty or something?