GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI vs Mk5 GTI

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
im going to go with driver error on that

not going to say he should have walked you but saying it should have been a little closer

the dig race made it seem like stock vs stage 2

I'm only stage 1 lol really tho he's not as bad a driver as people may think he is lol

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
I'm only stage 1 lol really tho he's not as bad a driver as people may think he is lol

i know im just saying he got mopped esp off the dig so people will wonder driver error

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
i know im just saying he got mopped esp off the dig so people will wonder driver error

Yea I asked him how he launched his car he said he dropped the clutch and just slammed the gas. IMO he should have reved to about 3k then dropped the clutch and gassed it. He was a little bummed when we met back up then asked to run me again from a 40....he did a lot better but stil lost lol.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
You don't actually think your car is faster then his right? With a driver mod he would have whored u

Umm no. Videos are proof enough that a driver mod would have not helped here. Especially since the mk6 had a passenger.

gkallis

Ready to race!
wow i cant believe TSI is so much faster ha

Last edited:

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Hey ChippedGTI, did you updated your Unitronic ecu ? u got 257whp when u dynoed it if I remember, well, its time to update it and get over 275!

But whatever u guys can add to your car, a Red Gti > WC Gti !

Red means fast ! ohh yaa.

Stanielz

Ready to race!
Also the depending on the miles and maintenance done on the FSI, it may have had crippling carbon build up on the intake valves.

Just pointing out something else :p.

The best mk5 was the 2009 since the TSI was almost the same as the MK6.

to my knowledge its the exact same TSI engine as the 2010 mk6. 2011 changed with the noise pipe, but that's not really performance related o_O.

gti_moler

Telling the real story

Ok for all u shit talkers out there that are going off what this kids saying u can think again cause he's a bold face liar, Im the kid in the mk5... Here's what's done to the car, 3in turbo back exausht, some sort of tune cause I bought it with not knowing what's done to the car... That's all the performance moods done to it I didn't tell the kid what type of tune I had I told him as far as I knew it was stock and he asked me to run him I asked him what was done to his car and he told me stage 2 tune and cold air.. I flat told him I was gonna lose he said so let's race anyways... The very first run we did was the best run and it was a 40 roll and he pulled me by a fender... Then the rest of the runs was pointless cause I knew he was gonna win and then We ran from a dig and I didn't jus floor it and drop the clutch reved it a lil bit and tried jus rolling off the line so I wouldnt spin but obviously that didn't happen and I ended up spinning the hole time...

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
LOL! Troll.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Yea I asked him how he launched his car he said he dropped the clutch and just slammed the gas. IMO he should have reved to about 3k then dropped the clutch and gassed it. He was a little bummed when we met back up then asked to run me again from a 40....he did a lot better but stil lost lol.

Ok for all u shit talkers out there that are going off what this kids saying u can think again cause he's a bold face liar, Im the kid in the mk5... Here's what's done to the car, 3in turbo back exausht, some sort of tune cause I bought it with not knowing what's done to the car... That's all the performance moods done to it I didn't tell the kid what type of tune I had I told him as far as I knew it was stock and he asked me to run him I asked him what was done to his car and he told me stage 2 tune and cold air.. I flat told him I was gonna lose he said so let's race anyways... The very first run we did was the best run and it was a 40 roll and he pulled me by a fender... Then the rest of the runs was pointless cause I knew he was gonna win and then We ran from a dig and I didn't jus floor it and drop the clutch reved it a lil bit and tried jus rolling off the line so I wouldnt spin but obviously that didn't happen and I ended up spinning the hole time...

:fighting0030:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
in this part of the world a stage 1 mk6 gti is faster than a stage 2 mkv gti fsi by 1.5-2 cars.