GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water in tail light!!!

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
FINALLY...

I received an email response this afternoon from Christian Scholz (not the original contact) today. They are asking for a deposit of $170.00 for the replacement, refunded upon receipt of my return defective unit. On top of that, they are agreeing to refund me the shipping cost from the post office. They asked that I include a copy of the receipt for the shipping when I send the defective housing back.

I have gone ahead and paid the deposit already because I cannot stand looking at this messed up light any longer than necessary. They said they'll be sending the replacement light immediately after receipt of payment so now I will have to wait and see when I get the tracking from them.

sukanas1

Ready to race!
FINALLY...

I received an email response this afternoon from Christian Scholz (not the original contact) today. They are asking for a deposit of $170.00 for the replacement, refunded upon receipt of my return defective unit. On top of that, they are agreeing to refund me the shipping cost from the post office. They asked that I include a copy of the receipt for the shipping when I send the defective housing back.

sounds fair. in the end, you'll be getting a replacement w/ no cost to you right? besides time of course.. hopefully everything goes as planned, good luck!

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
sounds fair. in the end, you'll be getting a replacement w/ no cost to you right? besides time of course.. hopefully everything goes as planned, good luck!

That's correct...and that's how it should be. I can't fault them for a manufacturing defect, only how the handle the return. This is fair and acceptable. Took a bit to get to this point but oh well...

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Replacement housing arrived today!

I took a minute to think before installing it and opted NOT to run silicone sealant around the housing. My reasoning is simply that I shouldn't need to if the product is functioning properly. While I can appreciate that I got a bad housing once, I don't want to compensate for a potentially bad second housing. The rest appear to be fine so it should not be an issue again, barring incredibly bad luck. I'd rather actually find out that it's bad, if it actually is, than cover up a poorly assembled housing myself...far too expensive to do Mickey Mouse repairs. If it also leaks when it gets rainy or washed, I'll simply have to initiate a refund.

ma-bo-

Ready to race!
Hilfloskind, did you ever figure out where the water entered the housing? I want to know if it was a defective part, or a design flaw. If the foam is the only seal keeping the water out, I'm a bit worried. Sure, I suppose BKS would replace it like you had done, but what to do after the 1 year warranty is up?
If it's a design flaw, I wonder if it could be sealed better.
I'll have to take a closer look when the GB shipment comes in.

Also, with 60 members with the tails, we'll soon see if any run into the same problem.