GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can push button start be replaced for normal key

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm fairly certain he was serious, since he also wants to get rid of his LED headlights.

Either way, this shit is funny. :lol:

I'll give him the LED's, but this thread was "for real"... and there's a difference between dis-liking technology as a whole, and then there's dis-liking gay shit. Those factory LED's definitely got some bedazzlin' going on...

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
oh no, I was serious about my original post....but when you all started trolling I couldn't help but make the comment that it was a gimmick. I just like a key... seems push button is just more tech to go wrong, it's not that I don't like it, I just like a good old fashioned key. I'm not fond of the LEDs because they look like a happy face. That said I don't see them from inside the car.

Btw I have an iPod, two iPhones, an iPad, iMac, and a PC. Yes I have books on my iPad..

I suppose as I get accustomed to the push button I may learn to appreciate it. Good thing I have keyless entry though because getting the fire wood in my car would have been a PIA had I needed to remove the key from my pocket to unlock the hatch....

Happy trolling...don't disappoint it's really quite entertaining to see how many people post for the sake of posting. Probably the same people who post on Facebook that they just took a shit in the bathroom of a shopping mall....

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
I honestly rather have a key, and I do see a push button start as a gimmick and something that I wouldnt pay extra for. But I am one of those weirdos on here that has an 80s vw on here with manual windows and steering on it with non function AC in Florida and never complained about it so...

I guess my issue with the push button is in a panic situation I would need to quickly shut off the car and I forget how to turn it off, although that seems to have begun to be addressed with trying to standardize how push button starts are used.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I honestly rather have a key, and I do see a push button start as a gimmick and something that I wouldnt pay extra for. But I am one of those weirdos on here that has an 80s vw on here with manual windows and steering on it with non function AC in Florida and never complained about it so...

I guess my issue with the push button is in a panic situation I would need to quickly shut off the car and I forget how to turn it off, although that seems to have begun to be addressed with trying to standardize how push button starts are used.

I think push button start is a gimmick as well.
Nice, but a gimmick.

Funny posts, but it's also humorous to see this guy getting slammed as anti tech by so many people who choose the slower shifting less fuel efficient transmission .

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Gimmick?

Less shit to worry about. The only time I ever touch my car keys is if I'm changing my pants or playing with the flippy key like a switchblade. The car locks and unlocks when I touch the door handle or walk away from it. I don't know how something so convenient can stir up such an inconvenience for some people.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think push button start is a gimmick as well.
Nice, but a gimmick.

Funny posts, but it's also humorous to see this guy getting slammed as anti tech by so many people who choose the slower shifting less fuel efficient transmission .

It's not a gimmick, its convenience - plain and simple.

As for the MT and "slower" shifting - it is more fun for some, while the KESSY is convenience plain and simple. As I've said before on here, I get better mpg than guys I know with the DSG.

Alright, I'm done with this thread... gonna go take a shit now. Then walk the dog, followed by watching a reality TV show and posting about that as well.

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
It's not a gimmick, its convenience - plain and simple.

As for the MT and "slower" shifting - it is more fun for some, while the KESSY is convenience plain and simple. As I've said before on here, I get better mpg than guys I know with the DSG.

i never did think it was hard to stick my hand in my pocket to activate the remote to unlock, or put things down to put my hand in my pocket to unlock, but I like to over complicate things as it is with many things so things like this never bothered me. :laugh:

Marvin

Ready to race!
Oh my god this thread is funny. If wit was shit, you'd all be constipated.

Marvin

Ready to race!
Oh look, the forum is full of smart asses today.....why bother if your not going to say something constructive.

I want to change it because I think push button start is a gimmick. It came with the leather/sunroof option.

Kinda like reading a 'book' on an iPad. Just get the fucking book and stop trying to be so trendy.

Personally, I rather get rid of those leather seats first; they are an abomination compared with comfortable cloth ones.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I feel sorry for the OP. I doubt he will stay here.

Can you imagine how many murder scenes in movies would be ruined if KESSEY was around? No dropping of the keys- just open the door, push a button and you're off.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH! Soooo true!