GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shopping for GTI - worst experience on test drive...

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Never judge a book by its cover!

I have a story from lunch, just an hour ago!

I hit up a local spot called the BBC (British Beer Company) for lunch. There are about a dozen here in Massachusetts. Anyway, today this gentleman in plain clothes walks in, sits next to me and my buddy, and joins the conversation about whatever. After a few moments he excuses himself to the restroom and our friend the bartender says, 'You know, he's the owner right?' I'm like, 'of what? all the BBCs?' She's like, 'yup!'

lol, mind blown at this point! Only because I would have never guessed by looking at him. When he came back, we continued on and I never said anything to him about his ownership. But, he was a really cool dude to say the least.

Pics:

Very Nice!

Suspension first! :)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yep most of the really rich people ive met wear normal clothes and just drive nice cars in the cases of people i know. Its more the people who are upper middle class not totally rich that are douchebags wearing their rolex and $100 cologne talking about their AMG and shit. (ill clue you in this was a kid i knew whos parents paid for his house, car payment, and food/clothes).

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
That car sounds like it had a shot head gasket. I've never heard of a pump leaking internally causing it to burn coolant. Either way, good thing you walked away. I wouldn't be too concerned with the pump issue, it's blown out of proportion online and even if it does go VW seems pretty good about replacing them even out of warranty.

/\ This.

A leaking water pump won't cause the engine to burn coolant (hence the white smoke). It sounds like a blown head gasket or possibly a cracked block/head. A faulty waterpump will simply leak fluid externally from the seal.

Nothing worse than showing up to look a car and finding out it's been abused. Regardless, glad it all worked out in the end.

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Haha no, that's what the BRZ is for - it's a strictly track car, living it's life in the trailer and on the track. Promised my wife I wouldn't modify my daily (again....)

Yeah, ok. ;)
I said the same thing exactly one year ago when I bought mine. A year later I'm tuned and haven't looked back. This is one of the most fun and composed daily drivers I've ever owned, and I've own dozens of cars.

24andpoor

Passed Driver's Ed
At least the salesman was trying. I went to my local subie dealer once...They handed me the keys and I went on the test drive by myself.
When I bought my mk6 they did the same thing, the car was in fantastic shape though so I guess they felt they didn't need to be there to convince me?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk