GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front and rear Cayenne Big Brake Kit available for MK6

Das Bear

Passed Driver's Ed
The fronts, with two piece rotors, should be the same weight as stock. My rear set and Audi R8 parking brake calipers will be coming in soon. I'll make sure to weight those with the brackets and two piece rotors in comparison to the stock setup.

Also, would anyone be interested if I put a kit together with all the needed parts to do the front and rear kit along with two piece rotors?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Pyotr

Ready to race!
I'd be interested in a set of front two piece rotors. Ditched the rears in favor of R brakes. (and a whole R to go with it!)

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Joveen

Ready to race!
What year Porsche are the front calipers from? Is the same as the diy on here for the touareg on here? Thanks

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

audi_ence1

Upgrades are still possible.

Resurrecting this thread:

The Caliper brackets can be had from this UK Vendor: http://creationsmotorsport.com

ecstuning.com also sells the brackets in a kit, but will not sell separately.

You are already informed in the thread about the source and parts necessary for the install.

Scott

2012 Golf R - too many mods

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
all this being said, is their any viable upgrade for our rear setups aside from the R/R32 swap which is great added stopping power to the rears but also a significant addition of unsprung weight?

Has anyone done the math of how much unsprung weight the swap adds?:confused:

I doubt that the weight savings will be of any signifigance without going to 2piece rotors. My kit below will come with 1 piece drilled rotors. The goal is to be able to use OEM spec rotor from the R 345/310mm. Since I track the car and am so hard on the rotors I don't want to have to spend the big dollars on 2 piece rotors. Costs a lot to go to track already.

• i am in the process of moving away (sold em) Golf R f/r brakes on my MKV GTI. Replacing this system with Brembo 6 piston 18z fronts and Brembo 4 pistons in the rear.
  • When moving away from OEM calipers you lose the parking brake so you have to find a solution.
  • The mounting solution I am using is a kit from Fabless Manufacturing. LINK
  • This kit provdes a mounting point for the Brembo calipers and a mounting point for Wilwood e-brake calipers. LINK
  • The rebuilt and refinished calipers come from a small startup in Washington LINK

I have not yet installed this braking system but will post the details of it when I do.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I doubt that the weight savings will be of any signifigance without going to 2piece rotors. My kit below will come with 1 piece drilled rotors. The goal is to be able to use OEM spec rotor from the R 345/310mm. Since I track the car and am so hard on the rotors I don't want to have to spend the big dollars on 2 piece rotors. Costs a lot to go to track already.

• i am in the process of moving away (sold em) Golf R f/r brakes on my MKV GTI. Replacing this system with Brembo 6 piston 18z fronts and Brembo 4 pistons in the rear.
  • When moving away from OEM calipers you lose the parking brake so you have to find a solution.
  • The mounting solution I am using is a kit from Fabless Manufacturing. LINK
  • This kit provdes a mounting point for the Brembo calipers and a mounting point for Wilwood e-brake calipers. LINK
  • The rebuilt and refinished calipers come from a small startup in Washington LINK

I have not yet installed this braking system but will post the details of it when I do.

I am leaning towards doing this so I won't have to use the heavier stock R rear calipers and just use wilwood spot calipers

CCZB_1n$1d3

Hi guys! Recently purchased a set of z17 cayenne brake kit to fit in my gti. To my disappointment the caliper was hitting on the lower control arm when turning left or right making it impossible to be fitted. Is this anything to do with my dcc suspension? Cause found other mk6 with normal suspension that can fit the subject brake kit.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
Hi guys! Recently purchased a set of z17 cayenne brake kit to fit in my gti. To my disappointment the caliper was hitting on the lower control arm when turning left or right making it impossible to be fitted. Is this anything to do with my dcc suspension? Cause found other mk6 with normal suspension that can fit the subject brake kit.

You have to grind a little off the caliper so that it doesnt bind on the control arm :)

phatmat88

Hi, I'm new here. Can anyone tell me what this means ?....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
I dont wanna grind at all the caliper. Is this because of the dcc?
What other options do i have?

its only a very small amount you will have to grind. search the forums. There are pics of the modification. It's not because of DCC, it's because the caliper is large and mounts on the rear of the spindle/knuckle

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
it means this thread is so old that they probably took down pictures by now lol.

ph0tobucket stopped being free for hosting these types of pics for forums which as screwed everything up.....

Pandaphunk

Creation Motorsport said their bracket wouldn’t work on a MK6 R, also when I go to ECS and choose that bracket it says it won’t fit. Where can I get a bracket for the rear dual caliper setup??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk