GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 vw golf 2.5 EPC + CheckEngine + Battery lights - wont start

vbgolfmk6

First time poster here. Sorry that it has to be a plea for help!

I have a 2011 vw golf 2.5 automatic. It ran perfectly fine all morning, had good acceleration, revved normally. I parked it on the street next to my friend's house and turned it off after a 20min drive. I go say hi, 2 minutes later I come back out, start it up and park it in his driveway.

Not even 45minutes later we try to go to take the car but now it wont start at all. In fact it barely cranks.

After i switch the ignition on, The EPC + CheckEngine + Battery indicators are all on. If I try to crank it to start it barely cranks over and the dash makes a bunch of weird clicking noises.

Any idea on what's going on?

Battery is definitely good, and lights weren't left on during the 45mins inside my friends house.. 45mins isnt even long enough for it to drain your battery anyway!

Thanks

Last edited:

smax

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds like a dead battery to me, clicking and barely cranking is a dead giveaway.

Starting your car a bunch of times in a row without running it for extended periods of time can drain the battery. This typically isn't a problem for a new battery, but with an old one, something as simple as moving the car into the driveway could drain it enough to the point you can't start it.

Jump it to see if it'll start, then go get your battery tested if it does.