GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GET K04 VS TRADE IN FOR GOLF R(S4)

clownish

just clowning around
I ain't zricky but I have around 70k mi on my k04 and I love my little gokart.

It's incognito. It goes zoom. It hauls when I want it to. It does a decent quarter mile even tho we all know it isn't a drag car. It is so much fun in a road course. It's a regular at any autoX. And it's not a rare car so I feel no compunction about driving it like I stole it, breaking things on it, replacing parts inside or out, replacing parts etc. because they're a dime a dozen. I bought this car
Intending to mod it. I modded it. I could have just gotten a car double the msrp and called it a day but the journey of modding and driving and messing with the vehicle has been half the fun to me. Though yes. Ive lit plenty of cash on fire.

If it was me I'd do it all again. I'd get the k04.

Currently considering a bigger turbo. Or gutting the car. Or tuning for e85. But as it sits, it makes ~320 whp all day and will reliably do anything a normal car will do if I want it. Or I can strip it and make it a gutted track car. My own choice is jumping off the cliff and going whole hog or keeping it civil. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tifore

Ready to race!
I ain't zricky but I have around 70k mi on my k04 and I love my little gokart.

It's incognito. It goes zoom. It hauls when I want it to. It does a decent quarter mile even tho we all know it isn't a drag car. It is so much fun in a road course. It's a regular at any autoX. And it's not a rare car so I feel no compunction about driving it like I stole it, breaking things on it, replacing parts inside or out, replacing parts etc. because they're a dime a dozen. I bought this car
Intending to mod it. I modded it. I could have just gotten a car double the msrp and called it a day but the journey of modding and driving and messing with the vehicle has been half the fun to me. Though yes. Ive lit plenty of cash on fire.

If it was me I'd do it all again. I'd get the k04.

Currently considering a bigger turbo. Or gutting the car. Or tuning for e85. But as it sits, it makes ~320 whp all day and will reliably do anything a normal car will do if I want it. Or I can strip it and make it a gutted track car. My own choice is jumping off the cliff and going whole hog or keeping it civil. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote bigger turbo and gut it because race car. Someday lll run into you and get to see the beast.

Uberryan

Banned
Uh, I've spent more than that on an engine for a 40+ year old car. :laugh: I don't typically hold the age of a car against it when making these decisions. But it's all about perspective I guess.

For all intents and purposes though, the MK6 GTI is not a classic.

wudini

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to point out that the OP mentioned he was getting "old and boring" lol. Getting there myself, I get the idea of upgrading the whole thing (R/S4) instead of just the turbo. There will be a time when my Mk6 will feel dated.. and as I get older and make more money, it's harder for me to justify holding onto a car other than to get rid of the payments one day. the mk7.5 GolfR is basically a k04 upgrade with all the bells and whistles the mk6 lacks. Also... adds a warranty.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah but you know what sucks more...? spending $4-5k on an engine replacement... on a 5+ year old car lol.

4k-5k is a year worth of car payments for a 7R (unless there was a ridiculous down payment), so that would pay for itself pretty quickly