GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kollin's Rabbit

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
So small and quick update.
I finally got around to installing those small bumper covers that cover where the headlight washer jets go. I just used epoxy and set them in and let them dry. Unfortunately one got loose and I lost it on the road somewhere. Spent like two weeks asking around for another one and no one has the proper one, and the shop I bought the bumper from can't provide just the one piece. So I said f' it, went full send and I'm having my friend CAD model and 3D print me a new piece instead.

Other than that I got some Spyder headlights, and they look nice and all, I don't have the seal problem where water gets in like a lot of people have, but they weren't plug and play and were a huge pain in the ass trying to get properly working. Finally found someone who is Vagcom capable and after about an hour and a half of playing around we finally got them working properly. I was having an issue where the LED DRL's would work fine, then you turn the headlights on, and the halogen bulb, the LED DRL's and the LEDs on the bumper would all turn on, but after about 5 seconds, all the LEDs would flicker, and then shut off and it would throw a headlight code.

Also ended up having to drive basically 7 hours to my parents house to have someone clear my airbag code. I got lucky on a long weekend visiting and found a guy locally on facebook. This was before I found the local guy who could do Vagcom tuning.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Also, here's an updated photo album. If someone wants to tell me what they use to embed photos that'd be great cause I know I hate clicking on links to look at photos and would rather just look at them in the thread.

https://imgur.com/a/CyfNJ

One last thing is some things I'd like to get done soon. Some things I've got on my list are CF rear valence, dual exit exhaust, USP downpipe, some kind of intake, different wheel and tire package, going up to 18's like I should've done in the first place, badge-less grill, CF hood with notch filled. Some interior things as well, like trying to fix my headliner (its become detached where it meets with the sunglass holder), rear seat removal, upgraded sound system, maybe a steering wheel. A bit hesitant on the steering wheel because I don't know how the airbag thing will react with the computer so we'll see.

End wall of text.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Also, here's an updated photo album. If someone wants to tell me what they use to embed photos that'd be great cause I know I hate clicking on links to look at photos and would rather just look at them in the thread.

https://imgur.com/a/CyfNJ

One last thing is some things I'd like to get done soon. Some things I've got on my list are CF rear valence, dual exit exhaust, USP downpipe, some kind of intake, different wheel and tire package, going up to 18's like I should've done in the first place, badge-less grill, CF hood with notch filled. Some interior things as well, like trying to fix my headliner (its become detached where it meets with the sunglass holder), rear seat removal, upgraded sound system, maybe a steering wheel. A bit hesitant on the steering wheel because I don't know how the airbag thing will react with the computer so we'll see.

End wall of text.

On imgur when looking at the photo it should have a direct link on the side. Something like https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah. Take that link and put it inside an [.IMG] tag (no . in there, just using it so it doesn't get picked up as a tag). Example [.IMG]https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah[./IMG]

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
On imgur when looking at the photo it should have a direct link on the side. Something like https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah. Take that link and put it inside an [.IMG] tag (no . in there, just using it so it doesn't get picked up as a tag). Example [.IMG]https://i.imgur.com/blahblahblah[./IMG]

I don't know why I didn't realize I could ember imgur, thanks. I'll try it next time.

Looks good man. Love the R bumper.

Thanks man. I hated the stock rabbit bumper, and wanted a bit more, and here we are lol

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Looking to overhaul the look of the car once again. Trying not to go full rice here (but honestly who cares), I'm thinking RSR R701's in 18x8.5, either a CF Spoiler or a gloss black spoiler, a new rear valence because the stock flat black plastic piece is boring, notch filled carbon fiber hood, and lastly the badge-less grill with red stripe to match the headlight stripe that I have. Also with the new valence, I'll be going back to the exhaust shop to have an X-pipe put in and having the pipes routed to the valence exits.

Lots of carbon which unfortunately = lots of money, but I'm going full send on trying to be show car status. Also gonna look into interior mods such as a steering wheels, seats, speakers, and maybe some trunk work. I also have a problem with my head liner coming down around the sunglass holder so I'm gonna look into possibilities with that.

I also need to look into some camber possibilities so if anyone's got ideas on that let me know. I need to adjust just a few degrees so I quit rubbing when I take a corner to fast. Lastly, gonna check out getting a spacer for the 02 sensor on the exhaust so I can de-cat. Debating the USP test pipe as well, got a local buddy who has it.

Last move after all that exterior work is a wrap. Already talked to a few shops and have a color picked out, just need to pick the time to do it now.

Last edited:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Update from my last post, the R701's I wanted to buy are evidently discontinued, so that sucks. I found another set of wheels that I wanted, and they came last week. Had those put on, the spoiler was also discontinued and after contacting 3 or 4 companies and being told the same thing, I gave up. I found a damaged product (it had a small fixable chip on the bottom side of the spoiler) on ECS and decided to give it a try after they told me it would fit a 2.5 . Low and behold it didn't, so no spoiler yet either. One of my 2.5 buddies sent me an ebay link for one that may work, but I don't have the funds to attempt it yet. The CF rear valence I bought seems like it may fit, but I can't test fit it until I cut my unnecessarily large 4" tip off and move my exhaust a little bit. Hopefully can try to finesse a quad exit exhaust. Also tried to fit the 3-piece CF lip that ECS tuning offers that fits MK6 R's. Took a gamble knowing the rep bumper I have isn't an exact match and I was right. It's about an inch or so off where the pointy-bit fins are and so that particular lip didn't fit. Sold it to a buddy who just bought an R. I didn't go the a hood or emblem delete yet. Had to instead fix my driver side axle, and switch insurance providers so I lost some funds to that.
Also got side swiped at work one day and was left with no information so I now have to have the dent and paint damaged fixed out of my own pocket. I have some surprise goodies coming, and when everything is on (and my dent fixed) I'll have pictures coming instead of boring walls of text.

Last edited:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Okay so update. A couple of months ago I got love tapped by a customer while I was working one day. I park so far away that this shouldn't happen, and yet it did. I doubt they realized what happened, they left no information and it wasn't caught on camera. So I'm having that fixed and my R bumper re-done while it's at it. I got new wheels (F1R F102) that are both bigger and wider than my last set, new exhaust valence and exhaust set up, and finally found a spoiler that actually fits a 2.5 I'll have real pictures taken when I get the car back from body. I also had a full aero kit (splitter, side splitters, and rear diffuser) to go on the car, but the design for the rear diffuser made no sense so I sent it back, and the side splitters don't quite fit since I don't have side skirts for my car yet. The front splitter will probably go on around Christmas.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Took me a bit longer than I had anticipated to get done, but here is Lola as she sits now.

This includes the new F1R F102 Wheels in 18x8.5 +42 with hubcentric rings, wrapped in 225/40 Riken Raptors (not bad for the price believe it or not [I still rub when turning hard]), eBay CF wing, CF quad exit rear valence, custom Y-Pipe to quad exit exhaust, and the street aero front splitter. Don't think I'll run rods because it doesn't stick out far enough to matter, and it is legitimately mounted in 12 places. Unfortunately don't have any pictures of installing the splitter or anything up close of it, yet.

I also installed Auxbeam S2 H7 bulbs into my spyder headlights last night. Learned that you don't need to take the bumper off to remove the headlights so that was sweet. I also have a Mk 6 GTI multi-function steering wheel coming and will be doing the full conversion on that with my aftermarket headunit. I'm sure I missed something, and if I did or you want to know something feel free to ask. Next up will be some performance stuff like an intake and a lightweight pulley. If anyones got an intake for sale for the 2.5 let me know, I might be interested.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Over the holidays I went ahead and bought an ECS Lightweight Puley, and I did a DIY intake.

The Pulley
The lightweight pulley is fantastic, revving feels better, improved throttle response, and a decent price. Install was very straightforward;
1.) Jacked up the front passenger side, removed wheel
2.) Removed entire fender liner
3.) Loosen and removed belt
4.) Removed old pulley (this can be a pain in the ass if you don't have an air impact like I did. We set the PSI for the tank to output 90, and I got the whole pulley off in about 20 seconds. Doing this by hand or with less powerful power tools will take more finesse)
5.) Install new pulley, reverse steps.

New Installed vs Old

New vs Old Comparison

The Intake
This is more straightforward, made it myself following the guide posted here, I had to make some small modifications since I have two hoses coming off my intake as opposed to one like most, but it is an easy problem to solve. Didn't take too many pictures, had a few too many beers to remember to do it, but it looks like any other intake.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
cool beans, excited for what you're going to do!