GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS LM - no machines, DIY refinish

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
This makes me thank god that my new wheels are already polished lol looks great though once again dude

I do have a question though, what size tires are you running on those?

spiker369

on air, don't care
:thumbsup:Damn fine job, wheels look great:clap:

Thanks!

Damn, they came out really good. I tried to do this with some work equips years ago. I pretty much quit after the first wheel lol

Those would have been so easy though because of the flat spokes!

This makes me thank god that my new wheels are already polished lol looks great though once again dude

I do have a question though, what size tires are you running on those?

Just make sure you keep up with the polish! I neglected these for about a month because we had constant rain and it took me 12 hours to repolish them to get rid of all of the water spots.

Seems to be 195/40 R17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, 195/40 on front and back. Tires were already mounted from the previous owner.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Just make sure you keep up with the polish! I neglected these for about a month because we had constant rain and it took me 12 hours to repolish them to get rid of all of the water spots.

Oh God this will be fun considering how lazy I am... Any good polishing tips you could give me?

spiker369

on air, don't care
Oh God this will be fun considering how lazy I am... Any good polishing tips you could give me?

Yeah I'm generally lazy myself. I normally only wash my car once a month. But as of right now all I have done is use a liquid polish to cut through the tougher staining. I'm sure if you're able to get your hands on a polishing machine it would help a lot!

spiker369

on air, don't care
Anyone have any suggestions on decent attachments to a cordless drill I could use for polishing? Since I live in south florida we get a **** ton of rain and it's always random. The water spots from the rain mixed with brake dust are killing me when trying to polish them out by hand.

StayStetti

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions on decent attachments to a cordless drill I could use for polishing? Since I live in south florida we get a **** ton of rain and it's always random. The water spots from the rain mixed with brake dust are killing me when trying to polish them out by hand.

The best/most cost effective option for machine polishing is an angle grinder with a buffing wheel. Not cordless but should be less than $30 for both @ harbor freight

spiker369

on air, don't care
The best/most cost effective option for machine polishing is an angle grinder with a buffing wheel. Not cordless but should be less than $30 for both @ harbor freight

Hmm I think my dad actually has an angle grinder. I'll have to look into a quality buffing wheel though because I tried one that goes into a cordless drill and the fibers just shredded apart. Couldn't even get the polish onto the wheel. That's why I opted for hand polishing lol.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Need front tires now, they've been off the car for about a month. Thinking about changing up the finish on them or seeing how much it'd cost to convert them to 18s. Regardless, once I have the money, I will be investing in a skid plate before even thinking about running these again.

Although, with that mentioned, if someone decides they want to buy them, they're always up for grabs! ;)

spiker369

on air, don't care
Took apart one of the wheels again and started stripping the loctite out of the bolts. Going to try a little something.. :D

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Great Job! They look great!

spiker369

on air, don't care
In the process of going to put one of the wheels I've been working on onto the car to see how it looks, I managed to drop it on the lip and it rolled so there is 'curb rash' along the entire outer portion of the lip. Looks like I'll have more one on one time with this lip and some wet/dry sandpaper.. :sigh: