GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 GTI stage3 k04 325whp vs evo9 465awhp

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
details on your mods? cause that seems weak for a stage 3 setup. that more like a k04 setup to me. Stage 3 is more than 325whp. unless you have one of those weak REVO tunes that considers the k04 a stage 3 item.

I think you're a little off on that. Every tuner has a different structure for their tunes. Just because APR lists their BT as Stage 3 doesn't mean that's what actually constitutes Stage 3 for everyone. Nor does that make Revo's K04 tune "weaker:" than any of the other K04 offerings. They just name it differently.

APR - Stage 1, Stage 2, K04
Uni - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 2+
Revo - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3

These are all the same progressions, just different ways of describing it.

The more you know ;)

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
I think you're a little off on that. Every tuner has a different structure for their tunes. Just because APR lists their BT as Stage 3 doesn't mean that's what actually constitutes Stage 3 for everyone. Nor does that make Revo's K04 tune "weaker:" than any of the other K04 offerings. They just name it differently.

APR - Stage 1, Stage 2, K04
Uni - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 2+
Revo - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3

These are all the same progressions, just different ways of describing it.

The more you know ;)

As you can see revo is the only one naming it stage 3. I already knew all that. That's why I said it. And revo tune is weaker than the new and improved APR v3.1 ko4 file. I know from experience from racing one with same setup as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSGUILLE

details on your mods? cause that seems weak for a stage 3 setup. that more like a k04 setup to me. Stage 3 is more than 325whp. unless you have one of those weak REVO tunes that considers the k04 a stage 3 item.
Stage3 software
k04 turbo kit
diverter forge
eurojet intercooler
intercooler outlets
eurojet downpipe (catless)
eurojet catback
cts intake
ignition projects coils
iridium spark plugs
DSG stage 2
front stoptech brake kit
h&r sports
shocks bilstain
advan neova ad08 tyres
tsw nurburgring rims
and after that video snow water/meth system

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
That forge dv is probably making you lose power

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Stage3 software
k04 turbo kit
diverter forge
eurojet intercooler
intercooler outlets
eurojet downpipe (catless)
eurojet catback
cts intake
ignition projects coils
iridium spark plugs
DSG stage 2
front stoptech brake kit
h&r sports
shocks bilstain
advan neova ad08 tyres
tsw nurburgring rims
and after that video snow water/meth system

That's a nice setup you got there! [emoji1303][emoji1303]

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
As you can see revo is the only one naming it stage 3. I already knew all that. That's why I said it. And revo tune is weaker than the new and improved APR v3.1 ko4 file. I know from experience from racing one with same setup as me.

No offense man, but the fact that you were comparing the Revo Stage 3 power numbers to APR's big turbo numbers kind of shows that you had no idea what you were actually looking at. You specifically said "that isn't stage 3 power, more like K04", so clearly you weren't familiar with the naming structure.

Not to mention that just because your car built a specific way beat a Revo K04 car built a specific way does not mean the entire potential of the file is weak (plus, I'm sure your cars did not have exactly the same setups). One of the highest power K04 cars on here was a Revo car.

My only point was that every tuner uses a different naming structure. The fact that you're comparing a tune's performance to a completely different setup based on how the company decided to name it is pretty sad.

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
did you read his whole post? we get it you like your revo tune, but you're splitting hairs with your argument.

btw revo sucks.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
did you read his whole post? we get it you like your revo tune, but you're splitting hairs with your argument.

btw revo sucks.

Has nothing to do with what tune I run, especially given that I actually got rid of my Revo tune to try other things. Just haven't updated my sig.

The reason I point this stuff out is because it's terrible information for new people reading the forums. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten PMs from people asking me crazy questions because some idiot put up bad information. There was a guy the other day that was trying to run full E85 in stock mode.

Also, glad you pointed out that Revo sucks. Feel better now?

kern417

Go Kart Champion
clearly he's a little more well versed by his question. so probably doesn't need his hand held.

and yup. been holding on to that one for almost a day. they still suck.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
clearly he's a little more well versed by his question. so probably doesn't need his hand held.

and yup. been holding on to that one for almost a day. they still suck.

Dude, if he were well versed, he wouldn't have been saying that "it seems a little weak for Stage 3." Guy didn't know that Revo names their K04 file Stage 3. If he had, there wouldn't have been a question to begin with.

You're welcome to your opinion on any and all things. I frankly don't care whether you think Revo is good or bad, I just didn't really see the point in bashing them in this situation. As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't too pleased with their tunes, as I switched to other companies. All I'm trying to do is prevent misinformation.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
No offense man, but the fact that you were comparing the Revo Stage 3 power numbers to APR's big turbo numbers kind of shows that you had no idea what you were actually looking at. You specifically said "that isn't stage 3 power, more like K04", so clearly you weren't familiar with the naming structure.

Not to mention that just because your car built a specific way beat a Revo K04 car built a specific way does not mean the entire potential of the file is weak (plus, I'm sure your cars did not have exactly the same setups). One of the highest power K04 cars on here was a Revo car.

My only point was that every tuner uses a different naming structure. The fact that you're comparing a tune's performance to a completely different setup based on how the company decided to name it is pretty sad.

I'm comparing ko4 to ko4. Revo's naming structure sucks and so do there files. My girls car is tuned with revo and tbh doesn't feel like much. APR has fine tuned there files with a 3 bar map sensor and is a lot smoother and paired with the dsg file is even better. No revo with similar mods has beat me yet. Revo should be out of the game no innovation and power compared to APR and the others. To me labeling the k04 as a stage 3 is just some bs marketing tactic to make people brag and take people's money. Besides the fact that revo stole most of APRs ideas.