GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension Advice Needed

AXO

Go Kart Champion
First, I would like to say Hello. I used to be a regular on this site several years ago. I have a 2011 Candy White GTI. My GTI currently has FK Streetline Coils. (Lowest Setting) and 19x8.5 et35 VMR V710's. I want to move away from looks over performance. Oh yeah, My GTI has been in storage (On my Driveway) for 2 years and I just drove it recently and want to refresh it.

I Know 2 years! Well I had to move it last week, after not driving it for two years! It jumped started with no problem. I drove it a little bit and forgot how much I loved this car! The 2.0 Turbo motor is a Blast. I had intentions of giving it to my daughter two years ago when I paid it off. Lucky for me, she didnt want anything to do with my lowered, tuned MK6 :iono: It was paid for and I was fortunate to have driveway space, so I kept it. It needs a little work.

First on my list is suspension, ride height and tires.

I am sick of the bouncy ride and wearing through tires every 10,000 miles. :bonk: My FK's were installed around 2012 or 2013. They maybe have around 30,000 miles on them. They are still going strong, but want something that will give it a better ride quality and ride performance. I don't have a Bilstein budget, but would like to get a nice suspension for the money.

I am also considering installing taller tires. I don't want any rubbing issues, which I currantly have now when hard cornering.

I appreciate any advice the suspension gurus can give me .....:thumbup:

Other issues from storage. Droopy Headliner, wavy tinted windows and smelly interior.

AXO

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
See if these guys are in your budget.

That's a link to their informative post on this forum; I'm really impressed with their engineering. I'm in the same boat as you, with FK Streetlines. While I'm not tired of them, I definitely want more performance sooner than later. I was also looking at BC Racing before I found YCW.

Glad to her you've got her up and running again! Back for duty.

Last edited:

AXO

Go Kart Champion
See if these guys are in your budget.

That's a link to their informative post on this forum; I'm really impressed with their engineering. I'm in the same boat as you, with FK Streetlines. While I'm not tired of them, I definitely want more performance sooner than later. I was also looking at BC Racing before I found YCW.

Glad to her you've got her up and running again! Back for duty.

beetlegreg

Ready to race!
trouble is most coil-overs dont ride that well Those m-factory units are nice going to cost about $1500 but you have the option of spring rate if you can figure out what you want. You might try VWR coils and Bilstien B6 all around