GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust setup

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Let me know how that goes if you decide to follow the method shown in the forum post. I swapped to a GTI catback, so I'm short 1 resonator, and the drone at 2.5k-3k is embarrassing when I'm carrying any more weight other than my own body.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Let me know how that goes if you decide to follow the method shown in the forum post. I swapped to a GTI catback, so I'm short 1 resonator, and the drone at 2.5k-3k is embarrassing when I'm carrying any more weight other than my own body.
How will my project help you, with resonator(s) removed it would still be raspy.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Planning on sticking a resonator back in, but would like a mildly louder sound than stock, minus the drone!

Why not a CAI and maybe stage 1? This will change the sound and might get you what your looking for + make the car a little more fun to drive. I am going off of your mod list so if you've gone to CAI/stage 1 already then disregard. Stock exhaust with intake manifold and stage 2 is still louder than I would prefer..

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Planning on sticking a resonator back in, but would like a mildly louder sound than stock, minus the drone!
Ok Ewdin I'll let you know if the project gets off the ground. It depends on what my Son says; coz right now the UM/HEP SRI really sounds great on it's own it actually emits a nice low howl at low revs even cruising and as revs build and you stand on it, it has some f**kin fantastic, unmistaken aggressive Lamborghini snarl. Not sure what its like outside but is sounds great inside the car, no wonder the Wascally Wabbit loves dropping a gear on his way home and letting her rip, :thumbup: with that sound we may not need to do anything to the exhaust but we see.... .

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Why not a CAI and maybe stage 1? This will change the sound and might get you what your looking for + make the car a little more fun to drive. I am going off of your mod list so if you've gone to CAI/stage 1 already then disregard. Stock exhaust with intake manifold and stage 2 is still louder than I would prefer..

I've got a CAI installed, which sounds good in the higher rpm's. Stage 1 is on the list, I've gotten more interested since you mentioned the tune changing the sound of your Golf, so it may be that's all I need.

@Mlue, I'd love to have all the sound inside the car.. Makes me feel like I'm going faster without bugging everyone else around me :lol:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure what its like outside but is sounds great inside the car, no wonder the Wascally Wabbit loves dropping a gear on his way home and letting her rip, :thumbup:

Yep. It sounds just as good outside as well. That's why I can't get any GTI's to give me a run for my money. They hear the motor and realize pretty quick that's not an exhaust note they're hearing and then they don't want to play anymore. Lame cause they'll likely still beat me...initially anyway.

Last edited:

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I've got a CAI installed, which sounds good in the higher rpm's. Stage 1 is on the list, I've gotten more interested since you mentioned the tune changing the sound of your Golf, so it may be that's all I need.

@Mlue, I'd love to have all the sound inside the car.. Makes me feel like I'm going faster without bugging everyone else around me :lol:

PFlo intake and UM stage 1 sounds like Chewbacca with a Gatling gun with the window down from 2700-5000rpm

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Haha. People ask me all the time when I am on the phone via bluetooth and I gun it, "damn, what just passed you?" I tell them that's the golf and they don't believe it.

josh0710

lol. i actually just sold my golf. got a truck no room for all the tools in the golf anymore. only thing i miss is driving stick

josh0710

and after having the rabbit for 2 years and the golf for about 6 months it was kinda time to move on to something else anyways. i had done all the usual stuff we all do on my rabbit but since it was written off i wanted to continue with the golf but there really wasn't more to do since its pretty much the same platform

Last edited:

Mk6milli

Doing some exhaust work on my mk6 2.5 after Christmas this year, cutting out the res, and suitcase (mids already gone). Gonna throw in a magna flow 10416 muffler in place of the stock res and 2.5 straight the rest back. I am worried about it being to loud for daily driving but we shall see. I'll post it up when its done!