GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$1000

ThatManAnt

If $1000 was all you had to mod your MK6 what would you do

Im thinking coilovers and stage 1.. anyone else know something better than me? lol

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
good luck stopping there....pretty good choices though if you can actually get both for that much

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Stage 1 is about $600 on sale (+tax). That leaves $300 for coilovers and $100 for the needed alignment. I don't think I would feel safe on $300 coilovers. I would do springs or save another $1000 for quality parts.

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
^ ditto. Do one thing well, not 2 things poorly. Decent coilovers + alignment will cost you right around $1000 if not a little more. You could also do tune + downpipe.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
If $1000 was all you had to mod your MK6 what would you do

Im thinking coilovers and stage 1.. anyone else know something better than me? lol

Are you going for performance, or are you going for visual mods? If you want the look of a lowered car go ahead and do a suspension mod. If you actually want to add performance I'd suggest...

1) A Stage 1 Tune
2) A new set of high performance tires

I know you can't afford both as a good set of high performance tires is about 1K anyway.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Nothing.....save up and then get tune, wheels/tires and coilovers, etc.

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
You can get some nice light wheels for $1,500 bucks, then sell your boat anchors for $500 bucks. Lose 15-20lbs of unsprung weight just like that!

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
LED interior light kit and stage 1.

or stage 1 and a used modshack intake.

Mceric01

Ready to race!
stage 1 and rear sway bar. best bang for the buck that ive done yet