GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Candy White MK6

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's my GTI, had it about 2 months now and loving the car, fantastic daily driver, just enough power and smooth as a baby's backside...... apart from the annoying hum/vibration I get through the pedals now and again :mad0259:
The DSG box is great apart from I feel a little disconnected from the driving experience, its the first car ive had that isnt manual, plus living in Dubai, they only import the DSG and I would of had to order the manual specially which would take months. Only other annoying thing is the gear indicator disappears from the display and then comes back, not the end of the world but I thought VW would have thought about this, and the annoying 120kph warning that require you to press the OK button everytime if you want to see something else on the MFI...

Anyway here's the pics:

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
sexy. put your DSG over to "+/-" (manual mode) and the gear indicator stays. at least if it's the same as the MKV.

Hooloowoo

Ready to race!
Isn't the speedwarning something that goes away when you shut down. Much like the cruisecontrol ? If not, I might remember wrong, then you should be able to adjust or delete it from the MFI.. I think it comes somewhere near "Oil temperature" or "Speed"..

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
in the mfd you can adjust the speed warning. i got mine set for 100mph so i know when im getting into triple digits. kinda useful. welcome to the forum. good luck with your new gti.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have mine at 60mph so I know when I'm going fast enough to get pulled over.. then i put my "snow tires Warning" at 100 for the triple digits

chucktaylor0109

Ready to race!
what kind of downpipe you running? congrats on the GTI, hows life in Dubai my mom just came back from there and she said she loved it, it was truly amazing

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Not running a downpipe, however it is on my wish list, so when I get round to it I will do some research, any recommendations? i'd be looking at a full system, but one which isnt loud and would attract the attention of the authorities :)

Dubai is good, been here 15 years, its perhaps grown too fast for its own good, but its still definately not the worst place to be with 365 days of sun & tax free :thumbsup: It is definately a good place to come for a short break, say upto 5 days, at the end of the day it is only a city, so you would run out of things to do other than beach, pool and shopping

what kind of downpipe you running? congrats on the GTI, hows life in Dubai my mom just came back from there and she said she loved it, it was truly amazing

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciate the comments

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
sexy. put your DSG over to "+/-" (manual mode) and the gear indicator stays. at least if it's the same as the MKV.

It still disappears unfortunately, im going to try and change the speed limit in the MFI later when i head out, that should work as it seems its the speed warning indicator which causes the problems, as it when you OK it, it still alternates between the warning and the 'time and gear' display

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I will regret that I didn't get the white forever!!!!
I coulda gotten one, but I had to wait three months. and I took the CSG.........
Which I got immediately.

wildcars

Ready to race!
@koolgreen, same here bro! I feel the same!

But there's always Golf VII GTI!

your taillights seem more cherry than tinted. They seem lighter than my regular non-led tails. Is it me or is it that desert sun making it look lighter than it really is?

DXBGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice. Welcome to the 4 door candy life. Think you're going to love it.

I completely agree! love driving it, I nearly went for a used evo X instead as i used to have an evo IX, but im actually really pleased i didnt :) I thought I may get bored with the performance, but upto now im actually surprised considering its 210ps, and loving the low end torque, it comes in extremely low in the rev range.... I remeber my evo didnt get onto boost until about 3000rpm