GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jamiex17's Candy White GTI [UK]

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
Spec as of 27/9/14

Engine:
•2.0T Ko3 with Revo software Stage 1 266bhp/305lb.ft on shell v power.
•Revision G diverter valve with GFB DV+ spacer.
• VWR air intake system

Suspension and handling:
•Audi S3 short shift arm
•XDS & Brake assist setting 2

Wheels and tyres:
•Seat Leon mk2 supercopa BBS alloys, 18x8j.
•hankcook ventus evo tyres 225/40/18 (soon to be changed)
•Standard monza II alloy have winter tyres - Dunlop D4 winter sports

Equipment:
•Tartan standard seats with GTI aluminium insert.
•Heated & electric mirrors(not folding)
•Auto wipers
•Auto lights
•RCD310 radio(to be upgraded soon)
•auto rear view dim
•needle sweep
•seat belt chime disabled

So this is my 2010 Golf GTI in candy white, kinda bought it on a whim, first time I seen it was when it was in my drive. seen a advert for it but no pictures. got it dropped to my house and that's that:)

its been Mapped to 232bhp & 213lb.ft so will probs get that removed and get a APR or REVO map on asap as torque is very low IMO and top end its running rich.

it came with:
•Heated mirrors
•tartan seats
•rcd310
•18" diamond cut monza's which are "well looked after" - school run condition....
•auto lights and wipers
nothing wrong with woman drivers but the previous owner JEN clearly loved kerbs and not washing it.
picked it up with 33k now almost at 40k.

Fitted Seat Leon SuperCopa BBS alloys from a FR BTCC supercopa

and new windscreen was fitted ;) don't ask how it got that crack, the dash just made a funny noise and never thought much of it. week later walking out of work I was saying bye to 75quid.

So that about covers my 7months of ownership:)

Wanted list:
rcd510 head unit
GTI led Tail lights
H&R 30mm springs
gti sill covers
crusie control
USB button add-on
Sump Guard

Last edited:

afctom

Ready to race!
Great choice mate, candy white is probably the best colour for a GTI. Get those R LED tails ASAP though completely transforms the car! looks like you've got plenty of things to keep you busy with it as well.

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
Would like the GTi led ones are R lights are darker I'm told and would like to keep the same shade of red I have At the moment :) candy white is a lovely colour but I think if I was to do it again, grey or black would be choice:)

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
I really like those wheels...Also, I want your head rests and the rain sensing windshield...but not broken. You guys get the good stuff :(

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
I really like those wheels...Also, I want your head rests and the rain sensing windshield...but not broken. You guys get the good stuff :(

Thanks, wheels took forever to find. There off limited edition seat Leon "supercopa" tdi. The supercopa was to celebrate seats wtcc win in a TDI Leon.
Auto wipers are good but rainex is better;) and the seats are nice, found a very nice golf R today so will see about a trade up, had wing back seats and half leather, sunroof ect, want the seats so failing getting the R then will search for new seats!

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
UPDATE -24/08/14

So I not long ago received a message via Facebook regarding winning a VWR(VolkswagenRacing) part, a Intake to be correct. I had totally forgot I entered a Facebook comp to win one of three prizes.
Intake, lowering Springs, tickets to a VWR milltek sport race.

Very pleased with the intake and it compliments my GFB DV+(with Rev G dv). I also bought myself a S3 short shifter. Easy to set up and makes a big difference across the gears(1 1/2" throw reduction).

I am also Running Revo Stage 1 software and am awaiting Dyno run to see what im running but also in to have fuel setting adjusted.

this video is tempting me to go stage 2 on ko4-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4id2bFXBkA

Last edited:

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
What are the specs on the Cupra wheels? Weight & size. Thanks

Their not from a cupra but from a mk2 Leon FR tdi supercopa, 8"wide, 18" and a lot lighter than standard monza 18". I found them hard to find but some dealers still have them. Most have sold them on as once the supercopa run had finished the dealers could sell them on at a price they wanted.

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
266bhp and 305lb.ft torque. Pretty please with it and it's been adjusted to setting B fuel(v power) contacting a few company's about ko4 conversion but if anyone would recommend some I'd happily listen:) contact details would be epic also!

Janton_17

Passed Driver's Ed
Spoken to afew company's about ko4 conversion (apr £2.2k -.- ) and decided it way to much to do it that way. So on the hunt for a rear end smash golfR/S3/ED35 ;) get it from a breaker will be cheaper.
Also looking for more "R" stuff to complement my intake.
Seats from a golfR/R32(might take recaros from a corsa VXR)
Bigger R/R32/S3/cupraR brakes
Golf led tail lights

Bar that not much of a update.