GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CCTA Rear O2 Sensor

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So i'm deciding to be proactive about something for once and get my rear O2 sensor unfuckulated before I have a week to do it for emissions. A bit of back story:

When I got the car, there was a code for a bad rear O2 sensor. I changed the sensor and got the same code. Looked closer at the wiring and the plug had been replaced with really flimsy wires that were butt spliced and wrapped in electrical tape. I did some research to try and figure out which wires went where and hard wired in a new O2 sensor. I then read later on that the O2 sensor is wired directly into the ECU and having the wiring messed up can fry that portion of the ECU.

I'm guessing either before I got the car or in my shitty attempts at fixing it, I fried that portion of my ECU, but would like to make sure before I go about getting a new one. Does anyone know how to test to see if the ECU is bad and also does anyone have pics of their rear O2 sensor wiring so I can see which colors go to which from the harness to the sensor. The codes i'm getting now are P0140 and P0141.

Any help would be appreciated so I can get this bitch through emissions and not lose my registration in September