GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone here using the VWR Cup kit for GTI mk6?

kevin963

Saw them on sale on USP Motorsports for $550usd. I'm currently using H&R Super sports on stock suspension and they're getting bouncy. I need a suspension setup a bit higher so my new wheel setup won't rub.

It seems like the VWR Struts/Spring combo came out recently since I can't find any reviews on the VWR struts anywhere. (Only VWR springs + random struts.)

Did anybody buy this? How does it ride and how is the ride height? I'm looking for comfortable daily with 2-3 track days for leisure.

MMKAY6

Ready to race!
Saw them on sale on USP Motorsports for $550usd. I'm currently using H&R Super sports on stock suspension and they're getting bouncy. I need a suspension setup a bit higher so my new wheel setup won't rub.

It seems like the VWR Struts/Spring combo came out recently since I can't find any reviews on the VWR struts anywhere. (Only VWR springs + random struts.)

Did anybody buy this? How does it ride and how is the ride height? I'm looking for comfortable daily with 2-3 track days for leisure.

Reviews are few and far between for that setup but from what I've been able to gather is that they are a tad less comfortable than the Drive Gear (DG) setup but overall more compliant and comfortable than some other spring options. It also lowers the car more than the DG setup.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12098&page=286

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

I actually did buy this setup and for the most part it exceeds OEM in terms of performance. It’s firmer and keeps the car planted better. In terms of low speed driving through neighborhoods and parking lots it’s much like OEM. I get slight bounciness on my street by my house going around a certain bend but that’s it. It settles pretty well over bigger dips or elevations between cross roads near me. There’s still some body roll when really pushing the car but since they are not coil overs that’s kinda expected. Still exceeds the stock suspension with VWR springs combination. Since they are twin-tube they give comfort but since they are valved firmer you definitely notice the bumps and cracks in the pavement more but it’s nowhere near as jarring as it was when I just had the springs on the factory shocks. Height wise I sit around 25” in the front both sides and around 25 1/4”-25 1/2” at the rears. I have H&R sway bars, unibrace UB and RB, Tyrolsport hatch brace, Tyrolsport front and rear subframe dead-set bushings, as well as the Superpro front control arm kit and their rear trailing arm bushings. So my results may vary compared to someone that may just be doing a suspension refresh.

I actually ordered a set of HPA SHS coilovers as I’m looking for a little more performance and ride height adjustability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk