GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering Stage2 Tune for the Automatic Transmission in the Golf 2.5

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
OH Really CAD, I thought you were going for it, maybe I'll put in a bid.

EDIT: Happy morning :happyanim: Thanks V1nn1e!
Yup, CAD, it probably works better with a manual car. I'm not ready for it and plus a tcu tune. Putting my money on some suspensions this summer and maybe a high flow catted down pipe.

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Yup, CAD, it probably works better with a manual car. I'm not ready for it and plus a tcu tune. Putting my money on some suspensions this summer and maybe a high flow catted down pipe.
Picked up the UM/HEP Short Ram Intake (SRI) Manifold, turns out the seller only lived 25 minutes from me, the SRI comes with fuel rail, seals, injectors and even a MAP sensor. I actually prefer the IE SRI more but the price of $500CAD (~$370 USD) was too good to pass up.

I'm going south on Monday after the winter storm clears out, so I won't have time to install and reflash with the IE Stage2 Tune, it will have to wait until i get back.

I briefly took a look at the inside of the SRI, this thing is nice and shiney inside and as smooth as a baby's butt absolutely no polishing or sanding needed. The IE SRIs that I have seen require polishing but you can't get in to do the polishing without cutting it open, too bad.

I sealed up the openings with gorilla tape poured some gasoline into it and washed out the remaining oil residue, so it's ready to install when I get back.

Last edited:

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice. Looking forward to hearing how the new intake works out.

I won't comment on the smooth vs rough intake surface comments. I don't want to get sucked down that rabbit hole (Ha! Get it).

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Very nice. Looking forward to hearing how the new intake works out.

I won't comment on the smooth vs rough intake surface comments. I don't want to get sucked down that rabbit hole (Ha! Get it).
Haha.

I was thinking about sending it to you and you can do a back to back comparison.

Port and polishing the surface of bell mouths and runners does make a surprising difference. We cut open polished and welded the Skunk 2 Intake Manifold on my Time Attack car and got some ponies out of what is a fairly simple process.

Last edited:

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Picked up the UM/HEP Short Ram Intake (SRI) Manifold, turns out the seller only lived 25 minutes from me, the SRI comes with fuel rail, seals, injectors and even a MAP sensor. I actually prefer the IE SRI more but the price of $500CAD (~$370 USD) was too good to pass up.

I'm going south on Monday after the winter storm clears out, so I won't have time to install and reflash with the IE Stage2 Tune, it will have to wait until i get back.

I briefly took a look at the inside of the SRI, this thing is nice and shiney inside and as smooth as a baby's butt absolutely no polishing or sanding needed. The IE SRIs that I have seen require polishing but you can't get in to do the polishing without cutting it open, too bad.

I sealed up the openings with gorilla tape poured some gasoline into it and washed out the remaining oil residue, so it's ready to install when I get back.
Wow, nice buy. How the hell he threw in so many extras for you!!??

Sent from my ANE-LX3 using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Wow, nice buy. How the hell he threw in so many extras for you!!??
The UM/HEP SRI is not refined like the IE SRI, the fuel rail is proprietary to the UM/HEP SRI and prolly the rest of the parts as well. Prolly why it's hard to find a buyer, so maybe sell for less.

Any way long day tomorrow, g'nite.