GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI vs. Bugatti Veyron

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.

The most mystic rattle of all, I never heard it on my car, dont know if ALL 2.0T should get this rattle but mine is okay. Does it exist a video that we can hear this rattle ? post it in private if it exist plz, or here.

And Gunkata, maybe a stage1 is enough for u, but u will never pass a Bugatti if u dont go stage2 !! Even with ultra lightwheels.

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
The most mystic rattle of all, I never heard it on my car, dont know if ALL 2.0T should get this rattle but mine is okay. Does it exist a video that we can hear this rattle ? post it in private if it exist plz, or here.

I can BARELY hear it with my stock downpipe. I do hear it but it's only from like 2.5k to 3k rpms and very subtle. The amazingly restrictive stock cat must be muting all that garbage sound. With the 3" downpipe it was loud enough to make me take out the downpipe, sell it and go back to stock, even though the power gains were huge. Also, it buzzed in the whole rpm range, as soon as the turbo would start spooling and not only from 2-3k.

I did try to record it one time but my camera wouldn't capture high freq sounds, and this one was just like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt

But back on topic, a veyron can easily be beat, hell, one time I beat one, ON FOOT. The bugatti was standing on a parking spot, it didn't even move an inch, I guess because it was shocked I was faster.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I beg to differ, the gains are not minimal at all (with the 1.2 update), the car is FAST with stage 2, the pull in higher gears feels so good. Loudness, you only hear it when you floor it and catted and resonated is quite silent. Money, I got mine used for 200 and something. Smell? not with a cat.

That said, I sold my downpipe and went back to stage 1, only because of the wastegate sound that gets really amplified with aftermarket downpipes. I really miss that power, but I couldn't stand the rattle.

Ah, well – for me, primarily having a DD first and track car second, I don’t want anymore noise than I already have, so its all good. As for DP’s – most aftermarket DP’s that still have a cat may still have some smell to them. Perhaps my nose is just that sensitive, I don’t know, lol… I would like the higher end power, but again, based on the dyno comparisons I’ve seen, vs the cost involved and additional loudness to the car, I don’t think I’ll be going stage 2. Who knows though, that could change down the line some day.

And Gunkata, maybe a stage1 is enough for u, but u will never pass a Bugatti if u dont go stage2 !! Even with ultra lightwheels.

Haha, yes.. you are right! The OZ’s are the real advantage here! Those $25K tires and rims the Bugatti have are SOOO HEAVY, it slows that bish down!!!

Honestly i call BS on this one, you need at least stage 2 to bet a veryon.

:lol:

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
i call major bs. you don't have the displacement to hang with the veyron. my golf on the other hand... well that's a totally different story, yo. ;)

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
I did try to record it one time but my camera wouldn't capture high freq sounds, and this one was just like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt.

wait.... gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ??

it sound like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ?

U barely hear it with the stock DP but it was louder with an aftermarket DP 3? So I should hear it more at the moment since im stage2? I took a good moment to try to hear something between 2-3k and... All I hear is the air blow of the turbo under the car, more like ; TTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
and I can hear it over 3k too.

It is possible that my car doesnt have this rattle at all for some strange reasons ? U hear it more when u accelerate I guess, do u hear it more if u full throttle the car ?

About the Bugatti ! ya... This car can be fast but full it with diesel and my old TDI has some nice chances ! We have to compared apples to apples !

chapusin1

Go Kart Champion
wait.... gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ??

it sound like gbhrrgbtbrzzbrrbzzrbzgzhrrzgzbrhbsbt ?

U barely hear it with the stock DP but it was louder with an aftermarket DP 3? So I should hear it more at the moment since im stage2? I took a good moment to try to hear something between 2-3k and... All I hear is the air blow of the turbo under the car, more like ; TTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
and I can hear it over 3k too.

It is possible that my car doesnt have this rattle at all for some strange reasons ? U hear it more when u accelerate I guess, do u hear it more if u full throttle the car ?

This thread has derailed haha, don't force yourself on trying to hear it, some wastegates do not make this sound though I thought these were only the 2011's, believe me if you have that noise it would be very obvious as it's loud and happens through the whole rev range. Wait, now that I think of it, my friend drove my car and he couldn't hear it. Me? it was driving me crazy, as well as many other people on vortex.

bostonv10s6

Passed Driver's Ed
I think a stage 5 TSI would be competitive with a veyron until the gearing runs out...maybe to 160....

Like a Twin GT 30 Setup.....Built Motor. Water Meth..Like 800 WHP should do it.

bostonv10s6

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure

I noticed a HUGE diff going from Stage 2 with catted DP to eliminating both cats and installing a single high flo 100 cell cat where the second cat was. Big top end diff, pulls strong to 6k now.

Sure it smells a little like a go kart, but only if you're behind me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
After seeing the R8 thread, I think I will need to find new competition.....

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
Honestly i call BS on this one, you need at least stage 2 to bet a veryon.

Haha true I came close to beating one but I was a tad short going stage 2 Friday I'll try to race my neighbors bugatti when I do. I'll make sure to give him a car length head start to make it a fair race.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Haha true I came close to beating one but I was a tad short going stage 2 Friday I'll try to race my neighbors bugatti when I do. I'll make sure to give him a car length head start to make it a fair race.

if it turn bad ; hand brake!, 180 degree turn and floor the reverse gear, u should catch him back very fast ! The car has the supernatural ability to be a rear-wheel drive war machine.

Be careful, u could need to open your hatch door to brake faster at this point.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I caught him again today, and pulled a few more car lengths on him. I think the elevation and humidity index definitely hurt his chances with all those turbos he's running....

Thankfully, my recently added S3 intercooler and stage 2 carbonio pipe really helped me up the ante and still show this guy who's boss.

Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I caught him again today, and pulled a few more car lengths on him. I think the elevation and humidity index definitely hurt his chances with all those turbos he's running....

Thankfully, my recently added S3 intercooler and stage 2 carbonio pipe really helped me up the ante and still show this guy who's boss.

Maybe his money bags were holding him back? PHSSSSSSSSSHHHYEAH right!

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Nice kill! Was it the SS? I raced a Hennessey Venom which is faster then the Bugatti. Lets just say he got mad. The Forge Twintake with no tune deffinitely helped.