GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newbie stereo and shift knob question

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
I apologize if there have been multiple threads on this. I searched for the shift knob and got a bunch of classified results and there were a bunch of stereo results. Anyway the first thing I want to do is get a golf ball shift knob. Is the cheap on that sells for around 15 bucks ok or should I go for oem. Big price difference so I was wondering if the cheap on is pretty close to oem. Also the big question. I have the stock non touch screen stereo (2013) without steering wheel controls. If I buy a oem touch screen, I believe it’s a 510, is it completely plug and play. Will the xm and Bluetooth still work the same. Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is a multiple post just a lot to look through when I search.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
for the RCD510, you will need the radio code. It WILL NOT work if you don't input the code. Look underneath the front passenger seat. If you don't have the Bluetooth module there, you will not have BT features, even if you are able to turn on the RCD510 headunit,

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok I think I have the Bluetooth thing under the drivers seat. I remember something that looked different when I was cleaning under the seat. I’m going to double check tomorrow then look for a oem stereo with a code. It looks like I can find on in the 300 doller range.

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the Bluetooth feature but the most important thing is the Sirius. I was thinking of going aftermarket but looks like a pain to get everything working right

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
The BT module is underneath a black Styrofoam cover (under passenger seat). I sold my RCD510 and had to recover the radio code for the buyer. Too bad they (VW) was too lazy to at least give you that with the owner's manual.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the dealer will give you your radio code for free, they did for me.

Antman1

Passed Driver's Ed
I looked and I do have the styrofoam under the passenger seat so I guess all I have to do is buy a 510 and throw it in. Probably going to put some better speakers in as well. These aren’t the worst I have ever started in a vehicle with but there is a lot of room for improvement

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Before you start to remove the door panels, buy some plastic fasteners. They tend to break while trying to pry off the panel.

Leon00355

I've read that there are different types of rcd510. I have one rcd510 and i don't know what type of bt module to buy. 9w7 9w2 even those two have different subcategories

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk