GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat17: Boosted Learns How To Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I dont consider panameras real porsches . Real porsches have 2 doors, are lightweight and arent loaned out to customers as courtesy cars.

That being said, id probably choose PDK over Manual on newer porsches if i had the chance to buy one.

Shots fired, grab your popcorn its gonna be a bumpy ride.

lolwut

I'll grant some leniency towards "not real Porsches" if you're talking Cayenne, and to at least a degree, the Macan.

The Cayenne is a shared platform with VW. It's got different suspension and chassis tuning over the Q7/Touareg. But it still drives very "Audi like". IMO same with the Macan - it's a Q5 underneath. I'd say they feel more "Sporty, or RS-like" Audi.

Nice cars (I own one so I obviously like them) but they're at least tilted towards the Audi side of the Audi/Porsche spectrum.

Have you driven a panamera? Or even a Macan? They both follow the Porsche philosophy of excellent dynamics and great handling. They are the class leaders for their segments.

To continue my train of thought from the last paragraph... and in agreement with Cadubya here on the Panamera - it's very, very much a Porsche.

In fact it's driving a Pana for a few days that suddenly makes me feel like my Cayenne is more "Audi" than "Porsche".

The Pana drives like a 911. It's a 911 you can put 4 adults in. It's pretty spectacular. Trust me. I hated them too - until I drove one.

Kinda like being the 23 year old that thinks chicks in their 40s are old and ugly. Then you pick one up from the bar one night when you're shitfaced and she fucks you up so bad your mind is blown for a week.

Suddenly, you don't look at the 40 year old cougars in the bar the same way anymore.

No. I dont want to like them. :lol:

Its like tesla, im not ready for it.

Ok so long as you acknowledge that. :)

I'm the same way with Teslas, GT-R's, and anything Chrysler (Hellcat, Viper, etc.) I don't give a shit HOW fast it is. I still hate it, and I will always hate it. Because irrational.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I’m not ready for Tesla’s. Cool technology but I like having a roaring engine. Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I’m not ready for Tesla’s. Cool technology but I like having a roaring engine. Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really am not looking forward to silent cars.... I love the roar of an engine and making it louder, etc. I dont think I could drive around in something that goes hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I feel like there's a story behind the cougar in a bar at 23...

::::sits indian style::::

LOL

Not me.

But an old longtime friend and former roommate, when we were in our mid-20s, picked up his old 3rd or 4th grade teacher at Penny Road Pub one night and took her home.

He still talks about it to this day. "Man she rocked my fucking world."

It's doubly funny now tho since those of us who were there are now approaching, or in, our 40s.... and we gave him SO much shit for picking up an old broad at the bar.

I'll tell all you youngsters one thing. When you're 40, your brain doesn't FEEL any different than when you were 20...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I'll grant some leniency towards "not real Porsches" if you're talking Cayenne, and to at least a degree, the Macan.

The Pana drives like a 911. It's a 911 you can put 4 adults in. It's pretty spectacular. Trust me. I hated them too - until I drove one.

Kinda like being the 23 year old that thinks chicks in their 40s are old and ugly. Then you pick one up from the bar one night when you're shitfaced and she fucks you up so bad your mind is blown for a week.

Suddenly, you don't look at the 40 year old cougars in the bar the same way anymore

I'm the same way with Teslas, GT-R's, and anything Chrysler (Hellcat, Viper, etc.) I don't give a shit HOW fast it is. I still hate it, and I will always hate it. Because irrational.
Yep, couldnt agree with you more on GTRS..that car is so bland..not worth more than 40k imo.

Have a strong feeling im not going to car for the lastest supra thats going to be released...

bmw platform going to be hit or miss, will come down to price tag and aftermarket tuning for supras.

LOL

Not me.

But an old longtime friend and former roommate, when we were in our mid-20s, picked up his old 3rd or 4th grade teacher at Penny Road Pub one night and took her home.

He still talks about it to this day. "Man she rocked my fucking world."

It's doubly funny now tho since those of us who were there are now approaching, or in, our 40s.... and we gave him SO much shit for picking up an old broad at the bar.

I'll tell all you youngsters one thing. When you're 40, your brain doesn't FEEL any different than when you were 20...

So hooking up with a cougar is like driving an older car...rough around the edges but more refined experience. 10/10

Is "your friend" married now living out in west suburbs huntleyish area ? :iono:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Yep, couldnt agree with you more on GTRS..that car is so bland..not worth more than 40k imo.

Have a strong feeling im not going to car for the lastest supra thats going to be released...

bmw platform going to be hit or miss, will come down to price tag and aftermarket tuning for supras.

I don't like any of the modern supercars.

Dare I say, even the modern P-cars are getting numb and have too many nannies.

But none of the Japanese supercar attempts were ever as raw or special feeling as the Germans from the era.

The only one that came close was the FD RX7.

The Supra was a boat. A fast boat, but a boat. 3KGT/Stealth.. lol. The 300ZX was a cool timeless car but not on the level of the others.

So hooking up with a cougar is like driving an older car...rough around the edges but more refined experience. 10/10

Is "your friend" married now living out in west suburbs huntleyish area ? :iono:

He eventually married a Hooters girl that was 10 years younger... then got divorced... and is now dating someone much more close in age to him.

He's in the Huntleyish area tho.... LITH.

Not me, if that's what you were going for. :)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
"In stock" doesn't mean in stock and ready to ship. Not ecs either.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I love P-cars, but I’ll probably never own one. The rational side of me just won’t allow it. New cars are dumb financially and used P-cars are even dumberer. New cars have kinda jumped the shark for me. All the electrickery has taken the soul out of driving. Yes, today’s cars are faster, but not necessarily more fun or satisfying. I love my GTI, but my e30 was my favorite “driving” car I ever owned. Wish I still had it. May have to get another one eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.