GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tdi tuning with stock hardware

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Let me start by asking this first, are vw tdi the same as audi a3 tdi? Now for my main question as stated in the title. My wife recently picked up a 2010 a3 tdi s-line wagon. She came from a g35, so shes underwhelmed with the power, or lack of. I know there are many tuning options, but they all seem to need some kind of hardware upgrades like exhaust. We live in NJ where theres emissions inspection every two years, so she doesnt want to change the exhaust. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Better response if you post this in the TDI forum. TDI not discussed much in this forum.

Having said that, I have an Audi A8L 3.0TDI. I put a stage 2 Malone tune on it without changing out any parts and the power increase was dramatic. I could make some hardware changes to improve it more but I am quite happy the way it is.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the input, I'll check that page out. That's weird malone was the one I wanted her to go with, but when I was on their page it said exhaust modifications were required.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Thanks for the input, I'll check that page out. That's weird malone was the one I wanted her to go with, but when I was on their page it said exhaust modifications were required.

Send an email to Owain at Malone and ask him what you want to do. You have a different model motor than I do so I don't know that what applied to me applies to you. info at malonetuning dot com