GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie

Messed around with knifeless tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks amazing. Now I know who to go to for a color change. ;)

H132

Ready to race!
Busy lately. Changed oil, spark plugs, coils, DSG fluid change, whiter bulbs/fogs, Neuspeed TBP, Helix LED tail lights, and IE's cold air intake. Car is breathing better and thankfully still running well after 5 1/2 years.

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
Busy lately. Changed oil, spark plugs, coils, DSG fluid change, whiter bulbs/fogs, Neuspeed TBP, Helix LED tail lights, and IE's cold air intake. Car is breathing better and thankfully still running well after 5 1/2 years.

Nice looking ride there. That engine bay...so clean! :thumbsup:

smanierre

Autocross Champion

I wish I had the motivation to clean mine, it's so dirty. However, just got a TDI wagon from my brother that has an oil leak in the engine bay and literally everything is black from being 100% covered in oil. I plan on cleaning that out one of these weekends so I can track where the leak is coming from so maybe after that, doing my GTI won't be as bad.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I wish I had the motivation to clean mine, it's so dirty. However, just got a TDI wagon from my brother that has an oil leak in the engine bay and literally everything is black from being 100% covered in oil. I plan on cleaning that out one of these weekends so I can track where the leak is coming from so maybe after that, doing my GTI won't be as bad.

yikes good luck with that cleaning

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

I.E. intake is so good. Just be careful on the bracket breaking. It broke twice on me when I had it, both revisions. But man does it sound so good!

H132

Ready to race!

Thanks, usually wipe down once when I wash.

I.E. intake is so good. Just be careful on the bracket breaking. It broke twice on me when I had it, both revisions. But man does it sound so good!

Yikes, I had hoped the revision was better. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Did IE replace it for you?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
yikes good luck with that cleaning

I'll try to remember to take a before picture. I may not even clean everything though, just enough to be able to tell where the leak is coming from. Gonna use a lot of wetnaps/papertowels.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Yikes, I had hoped the revision was better. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Did IE replace it for you?

I had one break on me about a month ago, still haven't installed the replacement pipe. I've had mine for a couple years probably and they replaced it no questions asked. I said it snapped, they said ok send me a picture of the pipe and your address and we'll send you a new one. It was the easiest thing ever.

H132

Ready to race!
I had one break on me about a month ago, still haven't installed the replacement pipe. I've had mine for a couple years probably and they replaced it no questions asked. I said it snapped, they said ok send me a picture of the pipe and your address and we'll send you a new one. It was the easiest thing ever.

Good to hear that.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

Yea they’ll replace it for you which is the good thing. You just give them your order/invoice number along with a picture of it showing that it’s broken and they’ll ship you a new part [emoji106][emoji2533]

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion

X2! Great customer service

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion