GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's It Take To Beat G35?

Tayrob

Passed Driver's Ed
They make around 280whp fully bolted (If that) on with a tune. Stage 1 in my opinion can take a G35 (Considering it weighs 3350 lbs).....

Stock DSG would be able to take that car out.

i thought i was crazy there for thinking the same thing , but yeah a stock GTI should give the car a good run for his money , its all driver mod in that race ask for a 25 roll :w00t:

scottie46

Ready to race!
I'm stage 2 6mt and I raced one last week actually. Stick shift coupe on coils and wheels with bolt ons. I kept traction on and still put like 2 bus lengths on him.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I'm stage 2 6mt and I raced one last week actually. Stick shift coupe on coils and wheels with bolt ons. I kept traction on and still put like 2 bus lengths on him.

x2, check out the vid in mk6vs

You guys must be racing poor drivers. Unless the one I ran had way more mods than he stated, it was a good run. When I was making 250whp or so I had a run with a Revup 6MT said to have ART test pipes/3" exhaust. From a 20 and 40 roll I pulled ~1/2 car. It was pretty even most of the time though.

The Revup 6MTs with a good driver are 13.8-14.2 cars @99-101 stock. I've seen a couple with minor bolt ons trapping 103-104 untuned.

Accords are slow, that's why.

:p
Can't say I didn't set myself up for that lol. Should have some runs with a Stage 2+ MKV and a Stage 2. We'll see how slow it is ;)

I'd imagine a Stage 1 could take out or be even with a well driven stock 6MT. Other than that, I can't see any Stage 2 putting buses on a modded/tune G35 with the proper driver. Kareem (RIP) had a FBO Stage 2 (one of the faster ones I've seen) and ran with a full bolt on/tuned 350z that was dead even from 40-140 until the Z creeeeeeeeeeped top end. The G35s are just a bit slower than the 350z due to weight.

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Can't say I didn't set myself up for that lol. Should have some runs with a Stage 2+ MKV and a Stage 2. We'll see how slow it is ;)

I'd imagine a Stage 1 could take out or be even with a well driven stock 6MT. Other than that, I can't see any Stage 2 putting buses on a modded/tune G35 with the proper driver. Kareem (RIP) had a FBO Stage 2 (one of the faster ones I've seen) and ran with a full bolt on/tuned 350z that was dead even from 40-140 until the Z creeeeeeeeeeped top end. The G35s are just a bit slower than the 350z due to weight.

Different categories...you can make anything fast these days :p

Ah, I see. The 04 wasn't the Revup. Although it's a pretty small difference between the DE and Revup...

IHazTurbo

Ready to race!
The 1st G35's probably could've been beaten or tied with a stock DSG GTI. I ran a 14.29 with my GTI and when I owned my 350Z, which was faster than G35s, (lighter than a g35 but didn't always have the same engines i.e. DE or HR) I ran 14.40 consistently. If you're talking from a roll though they G35 would have an advantage, they are fantastic in 3rd and 4th gear.

That being said, there are a lot of variants between models/years/drivers that could change everything. It'd be a good fun race no matter what.

BSosa2492

Ready to race!
g35 are so slow. i raped a g37s but im stage 2

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
They aren't fast. I smoked one this morning on my way to work, and he was trying.