GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Boats only good in straight line. Bmw m cars > amg

Only thing ill admit is that mercedes amg models have some gnarly exhaust noises

living life quarter mile at a time yeah

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
How about this one? TTS calipers. Dual piston, upgrade over the mk7 golf r brake calipers. More pad touching rotor and also lighter. Can build entire set with calipers, carbotech pads, rotors, etc. $800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
How about this one? TTS calipers. Dual piston, upgrade over the mk7 golf r brake calipers. More pad touching rotor and also lighter. Can build entire set with calipers, carbotech pads, rotors, etc. $800

oh wow

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Work sucks. One of our vendors had a data breach over the weekend, clients want us to stop using them for the time being and implement an interim solution like yesterday. Trying to explain that we can't just develop an app in a day and have it ready by tomorrow is proving to be difficult.

[emoji58] Trying to explain IT stuff to non-IT people when they are feeling jumpy blows. All they hear is “danger, danger Will Robinson” no matter what you say.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
[emoji58] Trying to explain IT stuff to non-IT people when they are feeling jumpy blows. All they hear is “danger, danger Will Robinson” no matter what you say.

Pretty much. Unfortunately our COO my boss isn't an IT guy at all. Barely knows how to use his laptop let alone have any insight into software development.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty much. Unfortunately our COO my boss isn't an IT guy at all. Barely knows how to use his laptop let alone have any insight into software development.

Sounds about par for the course.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat 18: Dubya Obtains License To Shoot People

Wait, what?? I can tolerate and even appreciate CTOs/CIOs that are laser focused on the business side of things, but they need to know the very basics. Seriously, how do you advocate for your people or even justify your position if you can’t speak the language of what you manage?? You don’t have to be an expert, but if you have a short coming, pick up a damn book or sign up for a class.

...and rant over...

Edit: I missed the COO, but still. Pick up a damn book man!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

Only $800ish? thats amazing.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Wait, what?? I can tolerate and even appreciate CTOs/CIOs that are laser focused on the business side of things, but they need to know the very basics. Seriously, how do you advocate for your people or even justify your position if you can’t speak the language of what you manage?? You don’t have to be an expert, but if you have a short coming, pick up a damn book or sign up for a class.

...and rant over...

Edit: I missed the COO, but still. Pick up a damn book man!

We're not traditionally a software company, mostly a services company that build internal software and some external solutions. He doesn't feel the need to know that side of it because I'm here. But then pushes back on what I tell him from time to time and that's frustrating.

Jaber

Modero

"JAY! WE CAN PUT A MAN ON THE MOON AND SEND NUDES TO MARS. YET WE CAN'T DEVELOP SOFTWARE YESTERDAY!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.