GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Both have pros and cons. Some people prefer DSGHEY and others prefer MANuals. :iono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Real men walk.

:iono:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The fact that APR has separate low torque tunes for people with manuals makes me feel otherwise. I can’t speak from experience. That just very much makes it seem like it is a major weak point. (After lack of traction) [emoji6]

Frank ran a k04 setup on stock clutch for years with no slipping :iono:

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, I was going to mention Frank - I seem to remember it being more like months with stock clutch on K04 not years - but I could be wrong. I stand by my statement about driver mod being a factor in many cases.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

Hatch trim and one rear door card out. Hatch trim was easy AF to remove. Heavier than I thought it would be. Rear door card was hard AF to remove. Random clips and hooks to the seat belt trim, and unhooking the tweeter wasn’t fun til I found the clip on the backside of it where I couldn’t see it. #racecarthings

Why?

What about all the false neutral dsg issues and dsg slipping after a simple tune as well? Not to mention the extreme jerkiness under 20mph?

Wait what?

I thought the DSGs were bulletproof even up through K04?

Somebody lied to me.

Let's not forget the expensive 600 (dealer priced) dsg service every 40k miles :iono:

Shameless plug for you local dsg owners...I do the service for about half the cost of a dealer. Hit me up I'll save you money

Oh wow don't ask what the 40k PDK service costs then. :(

i was stock clutch until i tried flashing stage 2. instant slippage.

Funny my wife's clutch slipped when it was stock. (Well, ok, it had a Magnaflow cat-back on it... which is pretty much stock.)

Stab it in 6th on the freeway on a cool day and you could watch the rev's climb.

Yep, I was going to mention Frank - I seem to remember it being more like months with stock clutch on K04 not years - but I could be wrong. I stand by my statement about driver mod being a factor in many cases.

Driver mod could help, if you're really gentle on the clutch otherwise. My old Jetta went 400k on it's original clutch. And it still had life left in it... we just replaced it when we put a replacement motor in (oil consumption was starting to become a problem) because we were already in there, and a stock VW clutch is cheap.

If I have to do bullshit "you need to downshift and rev it up to keep it from slipping, you can't use the torque or the clutch will slip" then the clutch sucks. Fact.

If I wanted to have to downshift and get revs to make the car move I'd drive a POS VTAK-YO Honduh instead.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This never ends. Our website is back online. Two pages are coming back with a couple ADA problems and it took 3 attempts to get them to even respond to us about it. She sent me an email saying the pages weren't accessible in the back end or on the consumer side and she just did a force clear, so it should solve the issue.

First of all, why the fuck would the pages not be accessible? The website was down for 3 fucking weeks and to make it ADA compliant their solution was to delete every single page except for 3 of them plus all the inventory pages? Nobody told us a thing about deleting pages and nobody asked you to deleted any pages. Second, she didn't delete the pages until I brought them to her attention, and then lied about what she did. I can't believe the shit they're doing.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
This never ends. Our website is back online. Two pages are coming back with a couple ADA problems and it took 3 attempts to get them to even respond to us about it. She sent me an email saying the pages weren't accessible in the back end or on the consumer side and she just did a force clear, so it should solve the issue.

First of all, why the fuck would the pages not be accessible? The website was down for 3 fucking weeks and to make it ADA compliant their solution was to delete every single page except for 3 of them plus all the inventory pages? Nobody told us a thing about deleting pages and nobody asked you to deleted any pages. Second, she didn't delete the pages until I brought them to her attention, and then lied about what she did. I can't believe the shit they're doing.

Wow. I get angry just reading about these fools.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie

You need to fire them and stop dealing with them. I think they made it clear they don't want to help you anymore anyways.

Put up a simple "dark page" stating the page is under construction, please call/visit/email....

Then hire a new firm.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Why?

Wait what?

I thought the DSGs were bulletproof even up through K04?

Somebody lied to me.

Oh wow don't ask what the 40k PDK service costs then. :(

Funny my wife's clutch slipped when it was stock. (Well, ok, it had a Magnaflow cat-back on it... which is pretty much stock.)

Stab it in 6th on the freeway on a cool day and you could watch the rev's climb.

Driver mod could help, if you're really gentle on the clutch otherwise. My old Jetta went 400k on it's original clutch. And it still had life left in it... we just replaced it when we put a replacement motor in (oil consumption was starting to become a problem) because we were already in there, and a stock VW clutch is cheap.

If I have to do bullshit "you need to downshift and rev it up to keep it from slipping, you can't use the torque or the clutch will slip" then the clutch sucks. Fact.

If I wanted to have to downshift and get revs to make the car move I'd drive a POS VTAK-YO Honduh instead.

Cuz I can. Iono #racecar reduce weight. Been wanting to pull them for a while now.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You need to fire them and stop dealing with them. I think they made it clear they don't want to help you anymore anyways.

Put up a simple "dark page" stating the page is under construction, please call/visit/email....

Then hire a new firm.

Yea, it was mostly a test. I had my own expectations when I asked them to fix the 2 pages, but I definitely didn't expect them to just straight up delete and then lie about what they did. I just figured I wouldn't get an answer, but I told my dad about it and then he texted the web developer. I think I made it pretty clear to him today that they aren't worth talking to anymore. He still had expectations from them, but he hasn't been working with them like I have.

We're just kind of in purgatory right now. I've got a couple people I'm working with right now to get me information on building a new site. One option doesn't have anybody local to us, it'll be more expensive up front, yearly payments will be cheaper, but support afterwards may not be as quick or as extensive, and they're probably not as familiar in the marine industry. The other option has a local guy we can talk to, no up front cost but we'll pay more yearly, we'll get extra benefits because it works with another website we use to upload inventory and instead of uploading inventory to 2 sites we'll just have to do it on 1 site so it'll save me time, and it doesn't sound like I'd ever have to worry about support, if something needs fixed it'll get fixed, even if it's an ADA issue, and they specialize in our business.

They're both aware of the ADA lawsuits. The former said he would put it in a contract stating that he would ensure we're ADA compliant. The latter I don't think will do that, but he did say they would claim responsibility and make sure everything is compliant. They also both use wordpress, so I don't think there'd be too much of a difference between how the sites are operated.

I'm kinda leaning towards the latter right now just because it gives us somebody local we can talk to. We would have a rep that lives in our area. He actually stopped by today, and we're already doing business with them through other means, so I feel like this would just be the easiest option.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

And the visually impaired people will buy boats now

Status
Not open for further replies.