GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sirius Canada - plans

ExplodingBrain

Passed Driver's Ed
Full traffic info, or just accidents? Last time I spoke with Sirius they told me that they can only post accidents in Canada and not route traffic conditions

Accidents and roadworks icons on the screen, and audio warning of congestion ahead -- on highways 401 and 409.

Also graphic (red/yellow/green) traffic flow -- only on the QEW.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Accidents and roadworks icons on the screen, and audio warning of congestion ahead -- on highways 401 and 409.

I do not have a subscription but my Accidents and roadworks (icons on the screen), and audio warning of congestion ahead is stil lworking 100%(10 months later). So it might be pushed to all units.

Also graphic (red/yellow/green) traffic flow -- only on the QEW.

I used to get the graphic traffic report on the 401 and Gardener with my subscription. Strange that only the QEW show up now. I don't drive on the QEW much, but I will check mine.

plat

Ready to race!
I bet you guys that someone from Sirius knows about this thread and already knows what's in your minds.

On one hand, they're waiting for you to call them because you can no longer take the satellite radio itch. 'It is like a drug' (they should make this their slogan)! :p

On the other hand, you're waiting for Sirius to come knocking at your door with an irresistable package deal because they need to generate some business. :p

It is a stale-mate! Someone must press the trigger for something to happen :bellyroll: and so the itch goes on...

VDub905

Passed Driver's Ed
i never had the traffic/accident alerts......even when I had the free trial. WTF!?!??!

zee

Go Kart Champion
:happyanim:I just verified. My graphic traffic flow is still working for the Gardener express way and Buffalo NY.

nik

Go Kart Champion
wtf sirius told me Traffic is only available in the USA. I feel ripped off..

zee

Go Kart Champion
wtf sirius told me Traffic is only available in the USA. I feel ripped off..

It is true.

The Traffic subscription is only available in the USA. AFAIK, Sirius Canada does not officially offer it as they do not have much of a coverage to sell here. It barely works in major Canadian cities and coverage still sucks bad.

When subscribed in the USA, Canadian coverage is included for free. Logic is probably that it is useful when an American visit Canada as they will most probably be in the metropolitan Canadian cities and can get some coverage. It will be free so those with a USA subscription wont complain for lack of coverage or dismal coverage.