GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed = stupid/ridiculous

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
lol Id definitely say alot of the members are lowered. maybe not slammed to the floor, although, i think some of those that ARE lowered would WANT to be that slammed. Exept they can't afford it, I.E. ME. lol
like said, everyone's entitled to their own god dawm opinion.

MY personal choice (NOT MINE)

That looks nice apart from the fact that his rear fender wells are beat to shit. :thumbdown:

BillyBob

is afraid of the dyno...
I'm all up for people dropping their cars if that's what they want to do.
It's the bitching about how the car gets effed up that I personally despise AFTER they do it.
Well, DUH! You dropped it out of specification to the point parts fail!
Lock turn + sudden elevation changes in pavement = chewed fender
Or when staggered wheels meet the rear quarter panel.. Have seen many R32s get effed up because of that... 'specially here in the rust belt. Makes me sad.
If you're gonna do it, do it right. No reason to destroy a car because you want to achieve the mythical "Low."
Air suspensions are possibly the best compromise for drop and utility on public roads, but they do require maintenance. Not everyone seems to remember that.

Baldeagle

Ready to race!
Can anyone help me here? What does removing almost 100% of the suspension’s vertical travel does to the ride and handling? I understand that as one lowers a suspension, there is a trade-off between comfort and handling. At some point handling must reach a maximum value. But if one exceeds that point, as I suspect slamming does by a high degree, how much does handling degrade? I’m also curious about how the crazy camber affects the car. As an aside, my teenaged neighbor has a moderately lowered MK4 (VR6 -5MT). Not once but twice he hit a bump in the road and lost his oil pan. He is not even close to being slammed. Is there any functional benefit to slamming?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone help me here? What does removing almost 100% of the suspension’s vertical travel does to the ride and handling? I understand that as one lowers a suspension, there is a trade-off between comfort and handling. At some point handling must reach a maximum value. But if one exceeds that point, as I suspect slamming does by a high degree, how much does handling degrade? I’m also curious about how the crazy camber affects the car. As an aside, my teenaged neighbor has a moderately lowered MK4 (VR6 -5MT). Not once but twice he hit a bump in the road and lost his oil pan. He is not even close to being slammed. Is there any functional benefit to slamming?

Mad bitches, yo.

The amount of ground clearance you have is inversely proportional to the amount of pussy you get.

finallyamused

Ready to race!
Coming from the person with red plasti-dipped detroits lol

Exactly, you have different opinions and taste, and I have different opinions and taste. The difference is I'm not getting all mad talking shit about your car.

Hahaha this, looks like he's contradicting himself. Don't like the stance fad? Nobody else gives a fuck. Different strokes for different folks.

I don't see how wheel color = car stance... And once again, we have different opinions, that's cool. But if you didn't give a fuck like you said, you wouldn't have posted anything.

People get upset so easily on this forum :wub:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
The wheel wells are round. The wheels are round. They make an aesthetic match.
When the car is lowered a lot it squares off the wheels visually.

I think anyone with an appreciation for symmetry would find lowered unappealing.

snowsled

Ready to race!
Slammin a car obviously provides no additional function. It is about a style, one that I do not understand. Young people have been modifying cars for style since cars came into existance.

I happen to fall into the camp that apearantly has no taste because I think is is silly to ruin the ride and handling of a perfectly good car so that you can garner yourself some attention. that seems rather pathetic to me but, to each his own.

Lowered and modified to improve is a concept I can get behind. I have modified dozens of cars but always with improved function in mind.

I always say, buy a house, decorate your house, not your car. Guys are still going to do it, and there will probably always be haters like me who fail to understand what others thrive on. Just how it goes.