GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water blade?

LG3MK6

Ready to race!
Thought about getting one but got a chamois instead, or I go for a drive and air dry it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Been using one for years. The silicone is soft enough to not scratch, I just check to make sure there's no grit on it after every pass. If you wash your car properly, there shouldn't be any problems. These cut drying times down drastically, won't wash my car without it. Still need a quality chamois to get the smaller areas though.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Been using one for years. The silicone is soft enough to not scratch, I just check to make sure there's no grit on it after every pass. If you wash your car properly, there shouldn't be any problems. These cut drying times down drastically, won't wash my car without it. Still need a quality chamois to get the smaller areas though.

Agreed. Professional detainers will tell you it will scratch your car. I've used it for three years and love it. I wipe down the blade with a rag every couple swipes.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't do it... if you get dirt stuck between the blade and paint, you're rubbing it into the paint. If you don't notice swirls in your paint to begin with, then don't worry about it.

PetrolHead

I wouldn't do it... if you get dirt stuck between the blade and paint, you're rubbing it into the paint. If you don't notice swirls in your paint to begin with, then don't worry about it.

Naw, it's all about wiping down the blade after every swipe. I've never had an issue, and I've used one for years. Plus, you don't PUSH on the blade, just glide it over the paint to push off the water. The silicone is so soft, even if a grain of dirt did get in there, it won't scratch the paint

PetrolHead

Sweet, well more power to ya'll. I don't trust em! I stick to my waffle weave towel.

I hear ya on the towel, I just hate how long it takes to get the big parts, and the streaking if you don't wring it out consistently. I like the water blade on large parts like the roof, windows, hoods, and doors, and the waffle weave or chamois on the rest. It's the quickest way with the best results.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I hear ya on the towel, I just hate how long it takes to get the big parts, and the streaking if you don't wring it out consistently. I like the water blade on large parts like the roof, windows, hoods, and doors, and the waffle weave or chamois on the rest. It's the quickest way with the best results.

If the towel is streaking, you need another towel to completely dry it. I usually use one ww and follow up w/ a regular MF to finish it off. While finishing, I also use spray wax sometimes while I'm finishing the last drops off.

PetrolHead

Quick detailer is money for the little drops that get left behind and dry. I'm too lazy for multiple towels, especially when the water blade takes care of the problem in much less time. Whatever works though! :thumbsup:

If you wash your car thoroughly, there really should be no dirt/debris for it to catch and drag. I have been using one for years on customer`s cars with no problem. I just make sure I clean it well before/after use. It works great for hood, roof, windows.

Charlie Sheen

Ready to race!
I use that, then air, then chamois.

EMSGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought one at walmart. Tried it... did not like. I prefer the chamois. If the OP is in socal he can have mine since its just collecting dust. This thread is in serious need of a poll.